Rant

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by britain4, May 29, 2017.

1. britain4
    OP

britain4 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2014
    Sheffield
    I am getting hacked off with PS3s, after having bought 2 "overheating" ones off eBay both having a full on YLOD I decided to buy one that was advertised as having been reballed and downgraded, naturally I asked the seller about this and he showed me pictures of his reball station and past work etc, saying he uses leaded solder, guy has 100% feedback saying his PS3s run great.

Received this PS3 and I've been happily enjoying the benefits of CFW for 3 days until it's YLODd on me this morning.

Crap I just realised, sorry if this is in the wrong place, I came in here with a CFW question but it's YLODd now so I had a rant instead lol

Last edited by britain4, Jun 8, 2017
    MeAndHax likes this.
  2. RebelJake17

RebelJake17 Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2016
    United States
    What's wrong with the phat I'm assuming?

3. britain4
    OP

britain4 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2014
    Sheffield
    Which one were you on about, the one I bought reballed?

I sent it back to the seller and he said the GPU itself had failed most likely due to someone attempting to reflow it in the past so he's prepping me a new board now. Actually seems like a great guy and I trust what he says about the GPU so I've removed part of my post.

In the meantime I ended up downgrading the Slim myself so I've been busy with that lol. Also sent him one of the YLOD 60gbs to try and reball that and downgrade it if possible

RebelJake17 likes this.