Hacking Random11's Credit Card Sized amiibo cards

kidasquid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Much better thanks.

I wish I could find a place that would just let me use their printer.... :/ cant find anywhere local.

I'm honestly thinking of going with Teslin next. If I feel there need ever. I still have more black PVC and this printer probably has a few prints left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If anyone cares, I updated the op with a few new card variations

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm honestly thinking of going with Teslin next. If I feel there need ever. I still have more black PVC and this printer probably has a few prints left.
whats teslin?

D

Deleted User

These are great @Random11 , I'm going to attempt printing some of these directly on to a plastic card, any chance you have a set without the extra bleed on? or atleast without the little line indicators? Many thanks

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
These are great @Random11 , I'm going to attempt printing some of these directly on to a plastic card, any chance you have a set without the extra bleed on? or atleast without the little line indicators? Many thanks

Im sure you can find a batch cropping tool. You will want to crop 0.5 cm off of each side.

elemunt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These are fantastic images @Random11 . You did such an amazing job!!!!!!!

I actually just stumbled upon your post here after venturing through a tangled web on google. I was searching for background images to make some Animal Crossing Amiibo cards for my daughter. I saw your post on KuronosuSai's deviant art page on March 8th where you were requesting him to share his layered image files for the custom wolf link/breath of the wild background amiibo box image he posted. Apparently he couldn't help you :(

Anyway, the reason I'm posting is I'm curious how you were eventually able to recreate the background of the amiibo box for your cards, as I'm trying to do the same thing with an Animal Crossing Box and I can't figure it out. Appreciate any help! thanks!

P.S. After seeing these incredible images, I'm going to have to create a set of these for my son too haha.

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
These are fantastic images @Random11 . You did such an amazing job!!!!!!!

I actually just stumbled upon your post here after venturing through a tangled web on google. I was searching for background images to make some Animal Crossing Amiibo cards for my daughter. I saw your post on KuronosuSai's deviant art page on March 8th where you were requesting him to share his layered image files for the custom wolf link/breath of the wild background amiibo box image he posted. Apparently he couldn't help you :(

Anyway, the reason I'm posting is I'm curious how you were eventually able to recreate the background of the amiibo box for your cards, as I'm trying to do the same thing with an Animal Crossing Box and I can't figure it out. Appreciate any help! thanks!

P.S. After seeing these incredible images, I'm going to have to create a set of these for my son too haha.

Find the highest quality box art you can to compare against. Search google for which ever game the amiibo are related to in order to get the background art. Patterns are sometimes on the official website somewhere in the background that you can get. If you cant find it make it yourself, unfortunately there is really no trick if you need to make it yourself... you just have to know how to make digital art.

someone on craigslist in my area posted these for sale lol.

you knew it was coming at some point!

Yes, its very irritating.

Reactions: VashTS

elemunt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Find the highest quality box art you can to compare against. Search google for which ever game the amiibo are related to in order to get the background art. Patterns are sometimes on the official website somewhere in the background that you can get. If you cant find it make it yourself, unfortunately there is really no trick if you need to make it yourself... you just have to know how to make digital art.

@Random11 Thanks for your reply! The search will continue... the things you do for your kids

Knitten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hihi :D

Not really related to zelda but can you make pictures of corrin (f) and a pink rathian like this? I'm stupid when it comes to photoshop :s

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes, its very irritating.

The saving grace there is that the seller did such a crappy job, he's probably not making any sales.

yeah they look lame -
https://binghamton.craigslist.org/vgm/6071502577.html

D

Deleted User

SUCCESS, managed to print directly on to NFC Credit cards - look amazing! pictures dont do them justice.

Many thanks to @Random11 for the artwork

Last edited by ,

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SUCCESS, managed to print directly on to NFC Credit cards - look amazing! pictures dont do them justice.

Many thanks to @Random11 for the artwork

Cool.

Do you mind editing your post and putting the images in a quote tag (it will make them appear as thumbnails). Otherwise they take up a huge amount of space.

Edit: nvm. Looks like you already fixed it. Thanks.

But otherwise good job, did you use inkjet printable cards?

Last edited by Random11,
D

Deleted User

Cool.

Do you mind editing your post and putting the images in a quote tag (it will make them appear as thumbnails). Otherwise they take up a huge amount of space.

Edit: nvm. Looks like you already fixed it. Thanks.

But otherwise good job, did you use inkjet printable cards?

I just bought cheapo ntag cards, didn't mention printable. I have access to a card printer so that helps :)

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just bought cheapo ntag cards, didn't mention printable. I have access to a card printer so that helps :)

I wish I could find somewhere that would let me use their machine. I was going to buy one... but I think my rational brain has talked myself out of doing that. Probably just go with labels whenever my cards show up. They are taking a lot longer then I thought.

Sum Pro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone try or know if this printer with addon tray will work.<snip>Just need to find PVC cards with ntags in stock somewhere. Similar to these.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L0WV9Z6/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1GYMVIZIMSYWM
Since the card is the variable, any answer we give would be kind of meaningless.

If you haven't already, contact Brainstorm ID directly and ask for a quote on ntag215 inkjet cards. I think that's what KingOfTaurus did.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans