Hacking Random11's Credit Card Sized amiibo cards

langdoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I stumbled on this as I wanted to make some nice cards as well as everyone. My cards are on order and should be here soon so I can join in on this journey. I signed up for this forum just to say what a kickass job @Random11 did with all this. Much props!!!

That said, I read everything and know what's out there. I was thinking about what printable adhesive label would work, so I will check out the above recommended for the Avery 5265 shipping labels. However, I was just going to print these individually from work and then use the rubber cement method...and cut around them with a xacto knife. Anyone do this and does the rubber cement ruin the paper? Was planning to print on regular paper. Not sure if it will make it all warped or too soft.

One reason for this is that you don't have to make a template and prep printing. Open the image in Irfanview, print with options to exact size and centered, and have plenty of room to work with. Apply cement, apply card, let dry, cut out.

I'll post results if I can by end of the week if this works well.

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I stumbled on this as I wanted to make some nice cards as well as everyone. My cards are on order and should be here soon so I can join in on this journey. I signed up for this forum just to say what a kickass job @Random11 did with all this. Much props!!!

That said, I read everything and know what's out there. I was thinking about what printable adhesive label would work, so I will check out the above recommended for the Avery 5265 shipping labels. However, I was just going to print these individually from work and then use the rubber cement method...and cut around them with a xacto knife. Anyone do this and does the rubber cement ruin the paper? Was planning to print on regular paper. Not sure if it will make it all warped or too soft.

One reason for this is that you don't have to make a template and prep printing. Open the image in Irfanview, print with options to exact size and centered, and have plenty of room to work with. Apply cement, apply card, let dry, cut out.

I can check when I get home what the rubber cement will do to a standard piece of computer paper with ink on it. It had no issues with card stock but card stock is also thicker so I'll just double check.

As for the label paper... the label paper is a full 8.5/11 label. So you won't need to worry about lining the print up with a label template or anything but that means you will have to cut out the labels just as you would if you were to print onto normal paper and use rubber cement. The label paper in that case only replaces the glue step.

Reactions: langdoy

langdoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can check when I get home what the rubber cement will do to a standard piece of computer paper with ink on it. It had no issues with card stock but card stock is also thicker so I'll just double check.

As for the label paper... the label paper is a full 8.5/11 label. So you won't need to worry about lining the print up with a label template or anything but that means you will have to cut out the labels just as you would if you were to print onto normal paper and use rubber cement. The label paper in that case only replaces the glue step.

Ah, thanks! Yea, I would need to line up the images. If I get card stock, I'll have to line them up also to save materials. The labels aren't cheap. I guess I'll try the regular paper and worst case, go with some thicker paper.

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah, thanks! Yea, I would need to line up the images. If I get card stock, I'll have to line them up also to save materials. The labels aren't cheap. I guess I'll try the regular paper and worst case, go with some thicker paper.
oh ok I see what you mean, well I tried out some rubber cement on some images printed on normal computer paper and it didnt seem to affect the paper or make the ink bleed. That said, I did it on paper which the ink was completely dry for. If you tried to use rubber cement on paper fresh off the printer you might have issues.

langdoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh ok I see what you mean, well I tried out some rubber cement on some images printed on normal computer paper and it didnt seem to affect the paper or make the ink bleed. That said, I did it on paper which the ink was completely dry for. If you tried to use rubber cement on paper fresh off the printer you might have issues.

I just tried this also on a printed paper and it did bleed a tiny bit with very little cement. I'll take your advice and get some thicker paper.

langdoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried this also on a printed paper and it did bleed a tiny bit with very little cement. I'll take your advice and get some thicker paper.

I put a super thin layer and it was dark/'wet' on the front. I thought it might be bleeding.. But it just dried up. This might work... Thanks again so much... I'll try one when I get the cards with a before and after.

JeremyX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is the method I used to make all my cards with the only difference being I used a spray glue. It works very well. You can have bleed through if tou spray too much though.

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Avery 8165 shipping labels are the inkjet equivalent. I really don't know if there is a difference.
Thanks again, Inkjet papers allow ink to absorb better and wont smudge as much if any, among other things.

https://pcforms.com/diy-printing-blog/can-you-use-laser-paper-in-an-inkjet-printer/
While the answer is “No,” the repercussions of using laser paper in an inkjet printer aren’t as bad as using inkjet paper in a laser printer. Using inkjet paper in a laser printer can severely damage your printer, though there won’t be too much printer damage done to your inkjet printer if you use laser paper in it.

Just like the inkjet paper has a coating, there’s also a coating on laser paper that doesn’t play well with inkjet printers. No, the coating won’t mess up your printer like the inkjet paper coating will mess up your laser printer, but it will have an impact on your print quality.

The ink from an inkjet printer doesn’t stick to paper coated for laser printers. Your document will easily smear or blot when it comes out of the printer. Paper coated for laser printers is not meant to absorb ink like paper coated for inkjet printers; it’s meant to have toner set and melted on top of it.

Smearing is especially evident with glossy paper that’s meant for laser printers but used in inkjet printers. Glossy papers are more heavily coated than matte papers so it only makes sense that the smearing be more evident on glossy paper than matte paper.

So, using laser paper in an inkjet printer is not as bad as using inkjet paper in a laser printer, but still not recommended. If you want to get great, high quality prints from your printer, make sure you’re using paper that’s made for your type of printer (whether it’s inkjet or laser).

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
added shadows to some cards who were missing them, and fixed shadows in other cards

cc botw 2 card daruk v2.png cc botw 2 card daruk v3.png cc botw 2 card mipha v2.png cc botw 2 card mipha v3.png cc botw 2 card revali v2.png cc botw 2 card revali v3.png cc botw 2 card urbosa v3.png
cc metroid card samus v2.png
cc smash bros card zero suit.png

Reactions: Emenaria and k7ra

Emuchu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Random11,

I really love this line of Amiibo cards, and I wanted to know if you were going to expand your Smash 4 cards to include the other characters. If you're not, I was wondering if you don't mind sharing a template for the CompC-inspired extra-bleed credit card-sized Smash 4 templates so that I could help make a few? I wanted to card-ify my figure collection of Pika, Ike, and Roy, and maybe even do something silly like printing some of the alternate costumes on them, instead.

EDIT: GUYS! GUYS! I'M REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS THING I MADE! I made up one for Smash 4 Pikachu Alt. 3 (the headband one), but I think I'm too much of a nublet to post images or links here. How can I post attachments without getting flagged as a spammer?

Last edited by Emuchu,

themaniac123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Random11,

I really love this line of Amiibo cards, and I wanted to know if you were going to expand your Smash 4 cards to include the other characters. If you're not, I was wondering if you don't mind sharing a template for the CompC-inspired extra-bleed credit card-sized Smash 4 templates so that I could help make a few? I wanted to card-ify my figure collection of Pika, Ike, and Roy, and maybe even do something silly like printing some of the alternate costumes on them, instead.

EDIT: GUYS! GUYS! I'M REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS THING I MADE! I made up one for Smash 4 Pikachu Alt. 3 (the headband one), but I think I'm too much of a nublet to post images or links here. How can I post attachments without getting flagged as a spammer?

Maybe upload to Imageshock or Photobucket and post the link?

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Random11,

How many attachments are you wanting to post? If its just a few you can use the "Upload a File" button. If its a lot, create a Mega.nz account and share the link to the folder.

Also, another user already did this. Its not exactly laid out the same as mine, but they are there if you want them, until I ever get around to making my own.

Super Smash Bros. cards in PVC size.

View attachment 101445

I modified the Super Smash Bros. cards to PVC size.
Original work: @CompC

Download:

http://goo.gl/zEAJ1k

@Random11

Emuchu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoooa... I'm a little embarrassed that I missed the "Upload" button; I was looking for it in the toolbar, haha. Here are the ones I made! And thanks, Random11, I'll definitely check that link out. As for these guys, I used the color palettes I used in-game, except for Roy, whom I can't find a bull-body image for his black / purple outfit.

Corrin Alt6.png Ike Alt7.png Pikachu Alt3.png Robin Alt2.png Roy.png Toon Link Alt8.png

HunterMcDole

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here are my back I created via @mistic100 template (Custom Amiibo Cards for BOTW) Again the bleed is only 1/16" as that is what I can do on my template.

cc botw 2 card mipha back.png cc botw 2 card revali back.png cc botw 2 card urbosa back.png cc botw 2 card daruk back.png

Here is my template if anyone wants it, I use it with the Brainstorm M tray for Canon. It's using Scribus 1.4.6. All of the images have to be sideways and it only has a 1/16" bleed

Attachments

• ID Cards.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 243

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"