Hacking R4i - SdHc : on DS need other files ?

othoca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi to you all.
I've bought an R4i-SDHC, i read that, both from what is written in front of the card but also from what is printed near the elettric contacs on its back.

I own a Nintendo DS, the old version, i mean that one without the camera.

I've downloaded from the download page of r4i-sdhc.com the firmware italian 1.09b. The archive you download contains into it :
3 folders :
moonmemo
moonshl2
R4iMenu
and 1 file
R4.dat

BUT

my NDS does not work only with this. I need to copy in the root of my sd also these other files :
DEMON0.SYS
DEMON.SYS
SWRESET.SYS
which are not in the package. I've read on a forum that these 3 files are automatically created by a DSi. Infact i've found a friend of mine who has a DSi with same firmware but the previous version (1.08) and copying from his SD
moonmemo
moonshl2
R4iMenu
R4.dat
of 1.08 version and the created
DEMON0.SYS
DEMON.SYS
SWRESET.SYS
into my SD also my NDS works fine. Of course i've tried to put these 3 created files with 1.09b version but it does not work.
Now the question : WHERE or HOW can i find the 3 files for the latest version (1.09b)? They are NOT present on the download page of r4i-sdhc.com, but i've read that Daemon is a library.
I hope you can help me.
Thank you very much in advance.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My red boxed R4i SDHC created those files the first time I boot up the card. In fact, I don't copy those back onto my SD card after formatting, it just creates them again. I use mine on a DS Lite, and it has never been in any other DS, so a DSi shouldn't fix anything. If the 1.09b firmware from "www.r4i-sdhc.com" doesn't work, you may want to try the firmware from "www.r4isdhc.com", which is a knock-off version of the other site and cart. You may have a fake cart.

If you still have issues with it, PM me and I'll send you the files you want.

#totalfangirl

Trophies
XP
Country
My red boxed R4i SDHC created those files the first time I boot up the card. In fact, I don't copy those back onto my SD card after formatting, it just creates them again. I use mine on a DS Lite, and it has never been in any other DS, so a DSi shouldn't fix anything. If the 1.09b firmware from "www.r4i-sdhc.com" doesn't work, you may want to try the firmware from "www.r4isdhc.com", which is a knock-off version of the other site and cart. You may have a fake cart.

If you still have issues with it, PM me and I'll send you the files you want.

Hi I have the same problem. My previous MicroSD card was fried so I bought a new one and copied my back up files including the DEMON0.SYS, DEMON.SYS and SWRESET.SYS files onto the new card. Problem was I'd completely forgotten what they were and since I was trying to clear space, I deleted them. I now can't play any of the games because it comes up with "DEMONO.SYS Error, restart system" and I've tried re-downloading the updated kernel in the hopes that it might re-create the files I need (other's keep saying the R4 automatically creates the files?) but nothings working. I can't seem to find any websites where I can download these 3 files either.
Could you possibly send me those files as well?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol