Gaming R4i-SDHC how to play on 3DS

powerangah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Recently, I bought a 3DS. I had a NDS Lite at the time and 2 R4's. One was an R4i-SDHC and the other one an R4i3D. Both of them worked just fine. After I got my 3DS, I decided to plug the R4i-SDHC in. It worked but maybe because I didn't update it. With my consent, my sister updated the 3DS to ver 3.0.0-6U. We tried the R4i-SDHC and it didn't work. We tried it on the NDSL, it still worked. Then we downloaded the kernel on this website: http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/ We extracted it on the MicroSD. We tried it again but this time, when I press a button when the 3DS is on, it freezes. And if I put the R4i-SDHC in before I turn it on it wont start up. I borrowed my friend's R4i-SDHC, his worked fine. But when I tried my R4i-SDHC, it froze for him too. Now I only play uisng the R4i3D on the NDSL because the R4i3D doesn't work on the 3DS. What can I do??? I also tried on my Lite after the kernel update, it freezes the DS Lite too!

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Indeed, it was because you updated your cart. And as Valwin stated, just updating the kernel won't do.

Seems like you've bricked your cart. Unfortunately, from what I see, the website of the cart doesn't seem to host an updater that can be downloaded without the cart operating. Without it, you won't be able to swap+reflash to recover your cart.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Did you update the card?

not just by using the new kernel but by going to setting and them update ?
Uhh, I can't even access the card because it freezes at the home screen..
Which is the main problem. If the website of your cart hosted an updater that can be downloaded through a computer, it could've been used to swap + reflash your cart (that is, if the updater allows you to swap).

powerangah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Indeed, it was because you updated your cart. And as Valwin stated, just updating the kernel won't do.

Seems like you've bricked your cart. Unfortunately, from what I see, the website of the cart doesn't seem to host an updater that can be downloaded without the cart operating. Without it, you won't be able to swap+reflash to recover your cart.
Ehh, that kinda sucks. Well, if it is bricked, what is the best flash card for a 3DS as of now. I just wan't to play roms, nothing else. For me, the simpler the better eg, updates automatically. Also, are there any 3ds roms released?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
r4i gold 3ds (make sure it's from r4ids.cn) or acekard 2i. Both have great compatibility to games and both work on the latest 3ds firmware. I'd say r4i gold 3ds > ak2i, since ak2i has some hardware issues, such as contact issues and crappy springs.

Reactions: 1 person

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Uhh, try this guide?

http://www.r4i-sdhc....tescreen_en.pdf

It should fix frozen (whitescreen) carts for 3.0.0-6, but you'll need to borrow your friend's R4i-SDHC for a moment to fix yours.
From what I see, it's apparently only for the 3ds version, so it might not work for the one the OP has. But yeah, might just work for any version of that cart. @[member='powerangah'], which version do you have, specifically?

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but op says hes card use to work on 3DS so the one that works i think also he can download the update via wifi using the card it self

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
but op says hes card use to work on 3DS so the one that works i think also he can download the update via wifi using the card it self
The cart is bricked, meaning, not even a ds phat/lite will detect the cart. Without being detected, you can't update using the built-in wifi update thing. Also, iirc, the 1.4.2 or the 1.4.3 one also supports 3ds (?) so it might just be one of those.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The cart is bricked, meaning, not even a ds phat/lite will detect the cart. Without being detected, you can't update using the built-in wifi update thing. Also, iirc, the 1.4.2 or the 1.4.3 one also supports 3ds (?) so it might just be one of those.

he could unbrick it with another card

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

he could unbrick it with another card
Problem is, the website of the flashcart the OP has doesn't host the updater on their website (it can only be downloaded through the wifi update thing). I don't think it supports swapping, either.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Unbrick my card? updater? swapping? I don't understand, sorry.
Okay, here I go:

1) A flashcart on a bricked state means that it is totally inoperable. Unbricking is just that: it makes your cart work again.

2) The bootloader updater is used to update the bootloader (the fake header of a game that is used to make the flashcart seem like a legit game). They are used to make flashcarts work on 3ds firmwares that blocks them.

3) Swapping + reflashing is the most common way of unbricking most carts that can be unbricked. You run the updater on another cart, swap the cart to the bricked one, then reflash the bricked cart to make it work again.

powerangah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Ah, well seems that I'm screwed, what card should I get that has the least hassle needed to use it. Is there a card that auto updates?

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
basically what you need to do is find someone with another flashcard and a DSlite (unless you have one yourself)

you place the update file extracted from FixWhiteScreen3dsv30.rar
onto a working flashcard
and run it on the DSlite

then take you bricked flashcard (R4i-SDHC 3DS)
without a micro SD memory card in it
into the DSlite
then Press A

then it will Re-Flash you card so it is once again working
(it will also apply the 3.0.0-6 update so it will work on the latest 3DS update)

hope this helps

also your card does update itself
but you needed to go on main menu hen options
then select update

no card auto updates

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you