Hacking R4i-SDHC.HK to run 4.5.0-10

AlexanderDangere

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there.

Ages back I purchased an R4i-SDHC.HK from a local shop since they had it in - and today I just got a 3DS again. I was just wondering what I could do for upgrading it? I know it's a clone but can I get others that are working on 4.5.0-10 to work with it?
I mostly just want to get some SNES emulator running.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
most r4i cards didnt make the jump to the latest 3ds firmware and were discontinued in a way. most producers got a whole new card out to make it work, so chances are, your flashcard wont ever work on your 3DS, theres simply no firmware to upgrade it with.

regardless of that, snes emulation wouldn't work very well either way. its gererally very slow, stuttery and sound was terrible when i tried it. even worse, theres layering problems, making many games unplayable since your characters would disappear behind a background and things like that... so yeah sorry.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Hello there.

Ages back I purchased an R4i-SDHC.HK from a local shop since they had it in - and today I just got a 3DS again. I was just wondering what I could do for upgrading it? I know it's a clone but can I get others that are working on 4.5.0-10 to work with it?
I mostly just want to get some SNES emulator running.

if this is your sticker

downloade_clip_image001_0000.jpg

then 3DS 4.2.0-9 is the last firmware it worked on and thats all it will ever do

seems like they are releasing a new card but majority of the information on there site is broken letting you know how much quality they will bring you

if you want a decent SNES emulator then get a DSTwo as its the only card which offers the best emulation (it does all the games i like fine so it gets my vote for the emulator)

AlexanderDangere

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah crap. Oh well I suppose.. I picked up Fire Emblem and Sticker Star. Those will keep me busy while I research new cards to continue on with some of my DS games I suppose. So.. just so I don't feel like this is wasted, what's the best R4i to get out there right now?

Gregorio Hagopian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you guys provide 3DS 4.2.0-9 firmware for the r4 clone card from
R4i-SDHC.HK. I have the same card but can't get the games I want to work because the last update I got was v2.0 ??? don't know other digits.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: happy birth +1