Hacking R4i SDHC Dual Core RTS An error has occured press and hold the power button[3DS]

N0n@me

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am getting the error An error has occurred. "Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Operations Manual for details." on the 3ds when ever I try to use the card. I need help trying to get this flash card http://www.r4isdhc.com/2014-r4isdhc-dual-core/ firmware as it seem i accidentally updated the firmware while trying to get r4 wood to run on it. Is it bricked or can i simply get the right firmware and update it with a old ds?

N0n@me

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you run any update *.nds file on it?
Yes I thought they were like ysmenu were it would allow you dual boot by using a .nds but I believe the one I uses was to update the card firmware. Didn't know that .nds were used to update the firmware intell afterwards so yea. If you want I can link you to the r4 wood.nds I used which included a few .nds for different flashcards? The weird thing is that it work fine for the first 2 .nds I test. The only thing that it that did not work was it would get stuck on loading. And I could go back to the card firmware no problems by just go to home menu and booting the cart. Then when I tryed the 3rd it did the same and when I tried to test the next one it gave me the error.

N0n@me

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the complete name of the *.nds you ran to update the card?
Well it was a pack called. "24711-WAIO v1.16 (REPACKED v3.0)(CK3)" the .nds I believe I used woodex4 (WAIO) or maybe woodils (WAIO). I got a question won't downgraded the firmware change the game that the card uses to bypass the white list?

N0n@me

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normally it would and I can't imagine that WAIO does anything to the firmware of your card. Maybe you could try to sort out contact issues first?
So should I check the micro SD contacts, the port the cart hast for the micro SD card , or the card pins it self? Sorry just asking so I can I can get a better idea what I should put more attention to. When I get home I'll try using another SD card.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So should I check the micro SD contacts, the port the cart hast for the micro SD card , or the card pins it self? Sorry just asking so I can I can get a better idea what I should put more attention to. When I get home I'll try using another SD card.
The SD won't be a problem since it would show "menu?" or something like that in this case. That means that it could only be the contacts between console and card-

N0n@me

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SD won't be a problem since it would show "menu?" or something like that in this case. That means that it could only be the contacts between console and card-
Ah so it could be a bent pin. When I was trying to figure out what was wrong I took a quick look at the place the SD goes and I think I saw a bent pin but didn't pay attention to it since I also found out that .nds are used to update the firmware. Hopefully the old needle can fix it.

Last edited by N0n@me,

N0n@me

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I cleaned the contacts of the card and the pins of the of the 3ds seem to be fine it even plays 3ds games fine. I tried another sd card to be safe and that does not seem to be it so any more ideas on what it can be?

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok I cleaned the contacts of the card and the pins of the of the 3ds seem to be fine it even plays 3ds games fine. I tried another sd card to be safe and that does not seem to be it so any more ideas on what it can be?
It really sounds like a bricked card in this case. I don't think that you will be able to unbrick it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a