Hacking R4i SDHC Card - V1.4.3 problems after a 3 months of usage With DSi

fred bloggs 1966

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi to all from a newbie.

Please can someone help a Middle aged bloke with kids that have DS's and a DSi. (I am computer literate but a different generation PDP11 and Cambridge Mk14 upto BBC's and general PC usage today but no idea with regard to modern games consoles!!!!)

The problem is that we ran 2 off DS lites for a number of years with woods R4 V 1.17 with no problems (given to me by a friend on a disk). When the one DS broke I brought a DSi and found out that the R4 card would not work, therefore I trawled the net and purchased a R4i SDHC V1.4.1 which worked fine with its own operating system for a few months then one day when my 7 year old daughter went to start the DSi R4i card up the card just pops up the message "menu?" . Thinking that the micro SD card was fault I loaded a new (spare SD card) with the same software (Had made a backup on SD card before we used it) this popped up the same message "menu?", I finally tried woods R4 V1.17 and still no joy, I concluded that the card was faulty so I purchased another R4i SDHC card V1.4.3 and again made copy of its operating system before loading kids stuff on it. The card worked perfectly for approx 3 months again then one day a couple of weeks ago this card stopped working as well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( I do not allow the DS's to access the Wifi at home ) The card does boot up so far and brings up the following message before locking up "Wrong data or firmware expired! please check NDS machine date configuration. If firmware expired please download latest firmware from www.r4i-sdhc.com"

The firmware version on the DSi states it is V1.4E

Can someone please explain how I can get this to work I would be eternally grateful as it causing alot of kiddy strife in the household especially as its the easter holidays and pouring down with rain!!! (7 year old girl going on seventeen LOL)

Best Regards

Fred

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
The "menu?" message is usually given when the wrong firmware is put on or the correct firmware incorrectly setup

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Please make sure that www.r4i-sdhc.com is written on the front of your R4i cart (there are ALOT of different types of R4i carts)

1. Check to make sure that the time and date are correct on your DSi.
2. Download the v1.55b kernal from www.r4i-sdhc.com here : http://www.r4i-sdhc....b%20English.zip
3. Make sure you have a backup of your µSD on your PC
4. Full Format (Overwrite) your µSD with the Panasonic SD Formatter : http://filetrip.net/...Windows%29.html
5. Extract the v1.55b firmware to your PC and then copy the files to the root of your µSD (moonmemo folder, moonshl2 folder, R4iMenu folder, R4.dat)
6. Create a Games folder on your µSD
7. Copy games and saves from PC to your Games folder on your µSD

:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)