Hacking R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS Start-Up Issue

TinyMononoke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 3 R4i 3DS carts I ordered last weekend that just came in today, and as a previous owner of multiple flashcarts I expected installing the Kernel would have been simple and easy. Which it seemed to be until I tried so many different methods and formatted my MicroSD card at least 20 times trying to get past this issue.

In short....
I start my 3DS, Click on the "Touch! Bomberman Land Nintendo" game....
For a brief 2 or 3 seconds it pauses (trying to load the menu) then instantly goes to a white screen with a red MicroSD card showing with the word "ERROR" on the card.

I've tried formatting it and the format is FAT32 and MicroSD cards did come with the R4's when I ordered them from http://www.r4depot.com/

Please could anyone give me any advice or send me their files that are 100% and will work no doubt. I'm almost positive it's not the MicroSD cards because I have used the same cards before and I am 100% positive the cards are legit because I checked the back Truth Inquiry.

TinyMononoke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These are the picture I have taken if this might help anyone out!

Attachments

• 123.gif
    123.gif
    803.6 KB · Views: 356
  • IMAG0655.jpg
    IMAG0655.jpg
    498.5 KB · Views: 248
  • IMAG0656.jpg
    IMAG0656.jpg
    584.1 KB · Views: 239
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 256

TinyMononoke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've also noticed whenever I remove the MicroSD USB adapter out from the computer, the R4i Menu folder is completely empty. Any advice please? :( Might go try a friends computer, maybe there is a problem with my USB ports?

Attachments

• 4321.png
    4321.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 241
Last edited by TinyMononoke,

TinyMononoke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Figured out the Made in Taiwan Kingston 8gb Micro SD cards were faulty or at least not refraining all the data after ejecting from the computer! Ended up purchasing 3 new Micro SD cards and I hope to get a refund from R4Depot for the 3 I purchased from them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters