Hacking R4i SDHC 2015 menu doubts

kratoz29

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Would it be because I'm on Windows, not a Mac? I'm not sure I can see why though.

Nothing's ever simple eh? lol.

Could be.. I've just tried it in my S.O. and don't see a problem...

With which tool did you tried to uncompress it?

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Would it be because I'm on Windows, not a Mac? I'm not sure I can see why though.

Nothing's ever simple eh? lol.
Try this one from here.
You need 7Zip, a quick google search should tell you where to get it and it's FREE!
Don't bother running the install.exe, just grab the moonshl2 folder and thr moonshl2.nds file and place it in your MicroSD card.

NuttyS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Could be.. I've just tried it in my S.O. and don't see a problem...

With which tool did you tried to uncompress it?
7zip and then I tried the default Windows one and still nothing.

It comes with 2 folders in when I download it, with different things in. One says _MACOSX and the other is the title of the file.

Try this one from here.
You need 7Zip, a quick google search should tell you where to get it and it's FREE!
Don't bother running the install.exe, just grab the moonshl2 folder and thr moonshl2.nds file and place it in your MicroSD card.

Already got it, but thanks!

I have 2.10 installed from another download on there (can't remember which at the moment) but it doesn't run the roms which is what I want, will that version do that?

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

It comes with 2 folders in when I download it, with different things in. One says _MACOSX and the other is the title of the file.

I have 2.10 installed from another download on there (can't remember which at the moment) but it doesn't run the roms which is what I want, will that version do that?
It's somehwhat tricky because you need to edit some files within the moonshl2 folfer and you need to rename all .nds extension to .ds

NuttyS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's somehwhat tricky because you need to edit some files within the moonshl2 folfer and you need to rename all .nds extension to .ds
Which bits do I need to edit and what do I use? I followed a few guides I found but couldn't sort it, I'm usually good when there's instructions but I just couldn't get it working with this.
The renaming I can do though lol.

kratoz29

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Ok.. I've used another compressor... this is the link:

http://filetrip.net/dl?zCWXq0254u

Please tell me if something is wrong...

BTW did you told me that you're using the 2015 model didn't you? I wouldn't recommend use this with a lower model... not after what I did to my flash.

Reactions: NuttyS

NuttyS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok.. I've used another compressor... this is the link:

http://filetrip.net/dl?zCWXq0254u

Please tell me if something is wrong...

BTW did you told me that you're using the 2015 model didn't you? I wouldn't recommend use this with a lower model... not after what I did to my flash.

That one extracted fine! Thank you :) Will let you know how it goes.

Yup, 2015 version.

kratoz29

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That one extracted fine! Thank you :) Will let you know how it goes.

Yup, 2015 version.

That's good, remember that in order to load commercial roms you need to create a link to the .nds with the tools included there.

But first you need to auto boot it, let me know if you can't or can.

NuttyS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's good, remember that in order to load commercial roms you need to create a link to the .nds with the tools included there.

But first you need to auto boot it, let me know if you can't or can.
Could you give me a quick little guide? No worries if not I'll have a fiddle later anyway and see what I can do. I've looked at the video posted but then got confused, argh.

All I've done so far is extract and put everything onto the microsd along with the games in their folders. Haven't got the R4 near me at the moment so haven't gone any further! I'll go grab it now actually while my brain is still sort of working lol.

NuttyS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ooooh, I did it! It's autobooting and loading the games. :D Just need to figure out how to get the moonshell menu into all English (I was sure there was a file to edit?).

kratoz29

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ooooh, I did it! It's autobooting and loading the games. :D Just need to figure out how to get the moonshell menu into all English (I was sure there was a file to edit?).
So just the language left?

It has a tool to change language you need to open system menu (the one that pops on when you launched a game, the history view) and press L, there should be some tools.

I'm glad it worked that well as me... If you find out good Moonshell skins let me know :P

As I hadn't played any recent game soon I think all runs good, but if you have a rom newer (comes to my mind Pokemon black 2) you should find the files updated in the retrogamefan post...

Please let me know if you find out games that won't run with my current version :P

Hope you enjoy this loader, happy gaming.

BTW, If you feel the boot or the loading games slow I recommend to format your SD with the windows tool to fat32 and put 32 kilobytes in the program.

That's the maximum allowed for Moonshell and it gives me a big difference, I was using a 8gb micro sd formatted with Panasonic program and it was so damn slow.

Reactions: NuttyS

NuttyS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for all the help! :)

Haven't found any "wow" skins myself, but our preferences might differ lol.

Mum doesn't play many and most are quite old compared to Pokemon so they should be fine.

Thanks for the tip, will see how it goes and format if needed!

kratoz29

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Me again, something I should have asked sooner, but is there a way to use cheats when loading them this way?
Yes you can, you need to hold b when launching any game, that'll give you the YSMenu, there you can select the cheats you want and they'll appear in the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple