Hacking [R4i Gold Deluxe] White Card ****ed ?!

soaresden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi GBATemp Community,

I was so happy receiving today the R4i gold deluxe until 20 minutes after my 1st game ! Here is what I did :

First after receiving the cheap quality package, i did all corectly since i was able to launch the game successfully and without problems.

The proof i launched it :
l38nMEnl.jpg

After 20 minutes of exciting game, i would like to turn off the 3DS and do the procedure againjust to be used to it.

WHAT A MISTAKE I MADE ?!

I did it all again and when i put the white/gold cartridge in the 3DS, the system doesn't recognize anymore !

So I installed all over again --> nothing
Change micro-SD --> nothing
Change firmware in SD --> nothing

Here it's a video of my procedure, made from the turning on to "my end"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7blnxnruktmvz03/2013-12-16 23.20.09.mp4

Will the card is broken/bricked after only 1 use ?

I hope someone will help me figuring this out :/

soaresden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, I made the profile trick again but no success

A trick I found that meens i'm in "REAL" DS mode is to put an official 3DS game in it

- If 3DS game is read -> I'm in REAL mode
- If 3DS game isn't read -> i'm in GOLD mode

soaresden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think i will wait for the next firmware before Christmas

I notice that a patch was released for nds, any files to "reprogram" flash the os in white card ?

soaresden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
By loader you mean, the black card process ?

Only once ?

I installed the exploit again, and go back to ds profile, normal system crash, inserting card and .... Nothing at all

hiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Try again with firmware 2.0? But use another game as zelda doesnt work on 2.0. Firmware 3.0 is kinda buggy.

Also this is my personal experience; try inserting the microsd REAL REAL slowly. At a certain point(About 80-90% pushed into the socket) you will see the game appear on screen even when not fully inserted into the socket. If so then it just means the card is working fine but not making good contact when it IS fully inserted.

soaresden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, I made a new sd with Tekken 3d

I Put 2.0 launcher ( i renamed 3.0 launcher3.dat)

Even with extremely inserting the microsd, it seems not to work either

In FW 3 diagnostic, all fail but thé 2nd ans 3rd succeed. The last sd test fail so it's the connector dead already ?

I sent a mail to the reseller, im waiting for their response

This is really annoying ! I bought it to pass a good Christmas !

ginryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So, I made a new sd with Tekken 3d

I Put 2.0 launcher ( i renamed 3.0 launcher3.dat)

Even with extremely inserting the microsd, it seems not to work either

In FW 3 diagnostic, all fail but thé 2nd ans 3rd succeed. The last sd test fail so it's the connector dead already ?

I sent a mail to the reseller, im waiting for their response

This is really annoying ! I bought it to pass a good Christmas !

Sorry to hear it.

It's actually normal that is failing the diagnostics cause are designed for the GW3ds not the r4i deluxe and i think you should try to insert the r4i card slowly on the 3ds system and see what happens. And try to do everything since the beginning, insert the ds card to run the exploit, run the exploit, go to system settings/profile/dsprofile(holding L), select gate.. ah i mean r4i gold mode, wait for it to reboot and insert the r4i deluxe card.

mrtim30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had the exact same thing happen. Worked the first time. Then I put in a bought game to to reset the exploit and do it again as its a present for my son who will do it time and time again and I wanted to make sure it worked. Then nothing. Its a piece of shit card. My white card has actually fallen apart. Ive order a GW and hopefully it will be here before Xmas. Never getting a r4i card again

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Been multiple reports of this happening, try cleaning the contacts on the card, once you have sellotaped it back together,

All hail the clones thats fall apart after a handful of inserts!!!!

soaresden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had the exact same thing happen. Worked the first time. Then I put in a bought game to to reset the exploit and do it again as its a present for my son who will do it time and time again and I wanted to make sure it worked. Then nothing. Its a piece of shit card. My white card has actually fallen apart. Ive order a GW and hopefully it will be here before Xmas. Never getting a r4i card again

Thanks for this ! Hopefully, i'm doesn't feel alone anymore

I feel like we have to learn from our error :/ ...

Good thing I got lucky and they accidentally sent me two. xD Though, I'm still on the first card, and have been for the past week without any issues. If it doesn't show up the first time I plug it in, I just re-plug until it does.
I make this trick with my dstwo since the plastic is gone. I glued it but it works in that way

ginryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
As if GW works 100% all the time. No one knows how many R4/GW are sold and how many of those are faulty.

There is a bunch of the same thread about gw on their official forum. So I guess thats why you dont buy gw right?

Well the thing is that aside the fact that some cards are faulty (both R4i and GW), there's no guarantee that the next update is going to work with the R4i deluxe cause they just copy the GW work (meaning is guaranteed to work on the GW 3ds card).

rsdroopy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the similar problem with R4. I used a Kingston sd card with R4. 4 out 5 times while I do the DS profile trick, the game would not be recognized. Then I switched a Sandisk 2G card, the game show up every time I boot DS and do the DS profile trick.

Try to use a better SD card.

Reactions: soaresden

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Also I had the "error occured pls restart 3ds blabla" message a few days ago when playing games, then I switch to another mircosd card and the problem went away.

I kept getting this error on the beta firmware. Beta firmware sucks so much right now, I can't wait for the 7.0 compatibility update.

mr. fancypants

that´s ´Sir´ for you!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi first time poster.
R4i employee ?
Thou dost protesteth too much.

ooh i smell another flamewar, but no i wont help starting the flames

Im not using the beta firmware because even going to "profile" mode it hangs 60% of the time. I have enough games, Zelda can wait. It was just a faulty sd card in my case.

did anybody else saw on the upper screen at the top and on the bottom red and yellow lines/ green and purple lines? (at the gra lines screen btw)

IMO if yellow's up and blue down the crd will load if blue is up en yellow down the card freezes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi: pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise