Hacking R4i Dual Core Won't Load - Restart Error

lillist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm kinda new to these flashcarts, but I recently purchased a R4i sdhc Dual core cart. I have installed the latest firmware, formatted and tried several micro sd cards, and retried and retried. Running on 11.3.0-36.

Every time, I get "an error has occurred. Please hold the POWER button to restart your device" immediately after choosing the icon on my device. I have even tried another duplicate cart with the exact same results.

I am clearly missing a step. Any advice?
Thanks

lillist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the year on the card? Should be okay if it's 2014 or later, probably 2013 too.

Sorry, mildly important info. Both that I have are 2017 dated.
At this point, I am ready for someone to tell me this is user error ID10T. Because I have tried everything

Sleet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's very unlikely both carts are faulty. Do you have an original DS/lite to try them on?

Also could be the game card slot isn't making proper contact with them. If it was a problem with the kernel files then you'd likely be getting an error from the cart itself and not the 3DS's ErrDisp like you are experiencing.

Last edited by Sleet,

lillist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's very unlikely both carts are faulty. Do you have an original DS/lite to try them on?

Also could be the game card slot isn't making proper contact with them. If it was a problem with the kernel files then you'd likely be getting an error from the cart itself and not the 3DS's ErrDisp like you are experiencing.

Sorry.
Using o3ds but do not have any other older devices to use. I've seen this as a possible issue.
If the cart isn't making proper contact in the slot, what can I do to improve it? That particular part doesn't look to be a problem at least at a glance.

Sleet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry.
Using o3ds but do not have any other older devices to use. I've seen this as a possible issue.
If the cart isn't making proper contact in the slot, what can I do to improve it? That particular part doesn't look to be a problem at least at a glance.
On second thought what brand(website) dual-core are they? I have two myself so maybe I can try to replicate the problem if they are the same as yours.

Sleet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4isdhc.com. That's the site on the card
Okay, like I mentioned it's very likely not the SD or the contents of it because mine gives a different error without the SD even inserted.

I had this thought, maybe your DS mode is bricked? Have you done any hacking on your 3DS? Someone recently had this problem, their R4 wouldn't load no matter what they did until some CIAs were installed. If original DS games don't load either then it's almost certain.
https://www.reddit.com/r/flashcarts/comments/5up58i/2ds_doesnt_read_nds_carts/

Last edited by Sleet,

lillist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, like I mentioned it's very likely not the SD or the contents of it because mine gives a different error without the SD even inserted.

I had this thought, maybe your DS mode is bricked? Have you done any hacking on your 3DS? Someone recently had this problem, their R4 wouldn't load no matter what they did until some CIAs were installed. If original DS games don't load either then it's almost certain.
https://www.reddit.com/r/flashcarts/comments/5up58i/2ds_doesnt_read_nds_carts/

Yeah, i have al9h, cfw, homebrew, etc. installed. I'm going to follow that guide mentioned in that reddit link.

Thanks!
UPDATE: Installed those 5 cias, and it worked PERFECTLY! DS functionality back and I couldn't be happier. Thank you Sleet!

Last edited by lillist,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1