Hacking R4i Ds Flashcard not working with N3DS 11.6/Luma/b9s

cmpunk94

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I managed to update to the last version of luma and b9s and I also updated to the latest firmware version (11.6) but now my r4i RTS card does not work anymore. I just get a black screen and I can't even turn off the console, it just reboots and stays in that state unless you press the home button which brings you back to the menu (which does not always work). Last time I used the flashcard was when I was on 11.2 Emunand which I don't use anymore. I followed the guide to transfer everything and got rid of that emunand altogether. Is there way to fix this?

Last edited by cmpunk94,

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I managed to update to the last version of luma and b9s and I also updated to the latest firmware version (11.6) but now my r4i gold card does not work anymore. I just get a black screen and I can't even turn off the console, it just reboots and stays in that state unless you press the home button which brings you back to the menu (which does not always work). Last time I used the flashcard was when I was on 11.2 Emunand which I don't use anymore. I followed the guide to transfer everything and got rid of that emunand altogether. Is there way to fix this?
This happened to me too. For me, the case was, that I had to big files on my SD card (I used for flashkart and other stuff). When I put clean (neede files only) 4GB card in, it worked again

cmpunk94

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
You have B9S 1.3 and luma 3ds 8.1.1? You used the cart for NTRboot, then changed it back to a DS flashcart?
I did not use NTRboot. I used the tutorial from 3ds.guide to ugrade to the latest version of b9s and luma (1.3 and 8.11). I previously used menuhax to boot into emunand so I figured I should upgrade and I did. I only ever used my r4 flashcard for ds games.

yes. try different card (just try it with the needed files)
I tried a clean 4GB card(the one that originally came with the 3DS) but still no luck, same black screen. I only put the needed files without any games.

cmpunk94

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I've been having this same problem with my Acekard. It works on my n3DS/11.6/b9s/Luma8.1.1 but not on my o3DS/11.6/b9s/Luma8.1.1. I've done all the troubleshooting steps here: https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting.html

But nothing has helped. I'm stymied.
It's weird that your n3DS is working and the o3DS is not. Mine is a n3DS and does not work.

BOBdotEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to update to the last version of luma and b9s and I also updated to the latest firmware version (11.6) but now my r4i RTS card does not work anymore. I just get a black screen and I can't even turn off the console, it just reboots and stays in that state unless you press the home button which brings you back to the menu (which does not always work). Last time I used the flashcard was when I was on 11.2 Emunand which I don't use anymore. I followed the guide to transfer everything and got rid of that emunand altogether. Is there way to fix this?

1. Do you have any other ds/dsl/dsi/3ds systems you can test the card in?

2. Does it still read normal DS cartridges?

3. Have you tried cleaning the contacts on the micro SD, and the flash cart?

4. Try reformatting the sd card with something like this. Then manually install the kernel. (keep in mind there are a few versions of the r4i, and the software is not cross-compatible)

cmpunk94

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Are you still using an emunand?
I am not using emunand anymore. I transferred everything to sysnand using that guide.

1. Do you have any other ds/dsl/dsi/3ds systems you can test the card in?

2. Does it still read normal DS cartridges?

3. Have you tried cleaning the contacts on the micro SD, and the flash cart?

4. Try reformatting the sd card with something like this. Then manually install the kernel. (keep in mind there are a few versions of the r4i, and the software is not cross-compatible)
I don't have any other DS systems to test it but it reads original games just fine. I tried cleaning it but no luck. My exact model is the R4i 3DS RTS card. How would I go about manually installing the kernel for this version?

it sounds like a contact issue to me . . . did it work consistently in that console before you updated cfw?
Never had any problems with it. Actually it worked just fine a week ago when i was on 11.2.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a R4i Gold 3DS RTS. Out of curiosity I have just now updated to 11.6 and it boots just fine, same as before. The card is running wood akmenu 1.64 which is like three or four years old already and I think it's also the latest version, not sure.

Last edited by wurstpistole,

cmpunk94

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I got the latest kernel version from their webiste. Same issue. At this point I'm quite positive the issue is not with the card itself or the microsd card. It woked just fine when i was on 11.2 emunand.

Last edited by cmpunk94,

Gcentrex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the latest kernel version from their webiste. Same issue. At this point I'm quite positive the issue is not with the card itself or the microsd card. It woked just fine when i was on 11.2 emunand.

Did you do this yet
https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting

I had to do that on one of my systems to get my Acekard2i working

Download the files and install them with FBI

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)