Hacking R4i-B9S flashcart: tested and impression

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
why someone want to buy this when you can buy R4i gold for the same price?
unless they don't have magnet in home?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
why someone want to buy this when you can buy R4i gold for the same price?
unless they don't have magnet in home?
Why would someone buy a Sky when now there's ntrboot and even back then there were cheaper nonupdated consoles?

Why would someone pay for modding if they can blindly follow a sequence of steps in less time than getting the console to a professional?

Spoiler: because they're irrationally scared or simply prefer paying for laziness

Reactions: Mazamin and aos10

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
You still need a magnet I think? Or does it come with one?
from the photos it suppose it come with small magnet

IMG_86551-777x437.jpg

Package Content:
1 x R4i-B9S Flashcard
1 x Magnet

http://www.max-console.com/flashcar...om-all-regions-for-all-3ds-games-R4i_B9S.html

Last edited by aos10,
Reactions: Quantumcat

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am pretty sure the fact that it can't play DS games is the reason why they wanted people to spam the boards. They were most likely hoping the spam would draw in customers and only after they shipped out the carts people would notice that it's a piece of crap.
Which is sad really because their cart actually cost less than the R4i Gold. Which means if they actually released a ntrboot flasher, which could push sales that way. Personally I would suggest the $13.99 cart over the $19.99 cart if you really didn't care for Wood R4 and only wanted a cart to play DS games/use NTRBoot. That's a far better marketing strategy and would have worked in their favor. Instead they went the stupid route and now I am complaining about it. GG, GG all around.

RY0M43CH1Z3N

Touching things and improving your world
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
If I met the guy who came up with this idea, I don't know if I'd shake his hand, or punch him in the face.

Both.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You still need a magnet I think? Or does it come with one?

Nope. With R4i you need buy a magnet.

Reactions: Retinal_FAILURE

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am pretty sure the fact that it can't play DS games is the reason why they wanted people to spam the boards. They were most likely hoping the spam would draw in customers and only after they shipped out the carts people would notice that it's a piece of crap.
I have to give them that they already told me that on monday. They don't write it publically but they don't try to hide it if you ask them directly.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have to give them that they already told me that on monday. They don't write it publically but they don't try to hide it if you ask them directly.
But you have to ask them directly. Otherwise on the page it doesn't say anything nor even imply that doesn't play DS games. In fact I was only interested in it because I thought it could actually do both (play DS games and NTRBoot.) The second I found out didn't play DS games, is the second this cart became a pile of crap in my eyes. The user is basically paying for a single purpose tool, which that's just wrong and the R4i-SDHC Teams knows it. That's why they omitted it from the actual page so they can say, "Well playing DS games wasn't an advertised feature and you didn't ask us if it could play DS games." They were basically banking on ignorance and hoping that no one would ask. Of course to those who did ask they had to give the the right answer, otherwise face more backlash for lying to the user.
Even if this cart is cheaper than the R4i Gold, no one is going to suggest it over the R4i Gold because it's useless after you've successfully hacked your system(s.) Whereas the R4i Gold can be flashed back to play DS games. This cart really only services to help someone if they were setting up shop to use it, which even then I wouldn't suggest buying this cart for. It's basically the worst method to capitalize on NTRBoot and the team should be ashamed of themselves.
And personally I think The Temp should shame them by exposing their shitty marketing and even encouraging users to spam our forums. I think the Temp should honestly make a front page article calling this team out for doing this. They not only spammed us, but they are ripping people off. We can't allow this kind of shit to go unpunished.
In short, fuck the R4i-SDHC team and fuck their stupid lazy cart.
I am actually pissed in real life over this. They are trying to screw people over and that pisses me off. Oh yeah and I can't forget the fact that they stole FAQ and user packs without crediting the users they stole them from.

Last edited by The Catboy,

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
But you have to ask them directly. Otherwise on the page it doesn't say anything nor even imply that doesn't play DS games. In fact I was only interested in it because I thought it could actually do both (play DS games and NTRBoot.) The second I found out didn't play DS games, is the second this cart became a pile of crap in my eyes. The user is basically paying for a single purpose tool, which that's just wrong and the R4i-SDHC Teams knows it. That's why they omitted it from the actual page so they can say, "Well playing DS games wasn't an advertised feature and you didn't ask us if it could play DS games." They were basically banking on ignorance and hoping that no one would ask. Of course to those who did ask they had to give the the right answer, otherwise face more backlash for lying to the user.
Even if this cart is cheaper than the R4i Gold, no one is going to suggest it over the R4i Gold because it's useless after you've successfully hacked your system(s.) Whereas the R4i Gold can be flashed back to play DS games. This cart really only services to help someone if they were setting up shop to use it, which even then I wouldn't suggest buying this cart for. It's basically the worst method to capitalize on NTRBoot and the team should be ashamed of themselves.
And personally I think The Temp should shame them by exposing their shitty marketing and even encouraging users to spam our forums. I think the Temp should honestly make a front page article calling this team out for doing this. They not only spammed us, but they are ripping people off. We can't allow this kind of shit to go unpunished.
In short, fuck the R4i-SDHC team and fuck their stupid lazy cart.
I am actually pissed in real life over this. They are trying to screw people over and that pisses me off. Oh yeah and I can't forget the fact that they stole FAQ and user packs without crediting the users they stole them from.
Welcome to the flashcard business.

Reactions: Tony_93 and Zidapi

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Welcome to the flashcard business.
I've been part of the flashcart scene for years now and I've seen underhanded shit before. Naming their cart after familiar brands, promising half/false features, updating once only to vanish, etc. I've seen everything when it comes down the shady world of flashcarts. This is a whole new level of low that can't simply be dismissed like that. They openly encouraged users to spam our site and even made it worse by pretending there was a second option, they stole FAQ and packs from us only to put their logo on them, and worst of all they tried to conceal information to bank on ignorance. In most cases, flashcart teams only stick to one, maybe two of those shitty practices, but they did all of them. Then to top it off, they left the microSD port to show just how shameless they really are. There is low, but this is pathetic and shouldn't be dismissed.

Last edited by The Catboy,

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
can't wait to see what gateway/stargate team will do,maybe include NTR card with the package to justify the price of the stargate 3DS?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless they drop the price to like $7 this is a complete rip. I haven't checked the price (is there one yet?) but I'm sure it's upwards of at least $15 and you can get a flashcard that can do both for a little bit more.

I can't wait until they go on sale and we get a huge influx of "Bought R4I B9S, what can I do with it now?" I mean damn even with OOTHaX3D we could still play the game after uninstalling the hack. I don't know why they didn't just rebrand the R4i Gold with B9S flashed already, supply the backup firmware and sell the things for $30. People would buy it and be happy.

Should be common sense really. You give people a choice; buy this card that you can use once for $XXX, or buy THIS card for a little more that does the SAME thing and let's you play DS roms with cheats/RTS. Why the hell anyone would consider buying this over a standard R4i Gold is beyond me......

To quote Matilda:
"R4i Team you're a crook!"
"What?"
"This is wrong!"
"Do you have a flashcard company? Do you sell flashcards?"
"No but don't people need good cards? Can't you sell good cards, R4i Team!?"
"Listen, you little wiseacre: I'm smart, you're dumb; I'm big, you're little; I'm right, you're wrong, and there's nothing you can do about it."

Last edited by Majickhat55,
Reactions: The Catboy

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Aren't they both 18 dollars? Even before counting that one is multipurpose (or infinite purpose, since you can use any valid .firm or .nds on the reflashable one, while the other will be youtube tutorial material)
It was 13$ a few days ago on nds-card. So I just checked one of the sites that they suggested and it’s $19.90 on 3ds-flashcard. Whereas the R4i-Gold is $20.50....
Right, I am going to my previous suggestion of blacklisting them.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get it from a business perspective. You offer customers two of the exact same item let's say a phone; one phone only makes calls while the other includes texts and Wi-Fi yet they are the same price give or take a few $$. If you were the customer, why would buy the same item with less for the same price? The only time I can see that happening is like someone else said, either they are REALLY lazy, ignorant or one of those "I don't want features I'll never use" people.

I just don't see those types of people creating a lucrative market for the thing. Anyone with a lick of intelligence (or knows how to ask) will end up with the R4i Gold. They may as well stop selling that altogether if they want the majority of people buying this crap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night