Homebrew R4 Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher(and perhaps other cards soon™)....

hurrz

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I was about to try this launcher because I have R4i-SDHC from the same site as the kernal. But the site is down... Is there another?
So, I might have a solution which @Apache Thunder provided to me. He referred me to NTR Launcher. The links to the thread are on the previous page 117.

I hope this helps!

Last edited by hurrz,
Reactions: ShadTheGREAT96

ShadTheGREAT96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the poster above me replied to your message without any reference to your post.

So, I might have a solution which @Apache Thunder provided to me. He referred me to NTR Launcher. The links to the thread are on the previous page.

I hope this helps!
Ohh, I did not realize. I actually found a solution though, I used the TTDS Launcher and it surprisingly worked. Thanks for the suggestion though I appreciate it

Reactions: hurrz

Oskiir

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, I'm sorry but I don't undesrtand the process I must follow. I've got an M3 DS REAL and a 3DS hacked v 11.4
I installed all the CIAs you put, but what I do with the DSX launcher? Btw I installed the 113 version.

raylgo

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure if I'm missing a step or not but I have the M3 simply which I was led to believe was an r4 clone. I was able to use woodr4 on it long ago. Will it work the same way now with this? Do I just install the Cia inside the woodr4 launcher. Rar?

nukzahaha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-patch-twl_firm-to-play-normally-blocked-ds-games.414578/page-2

do you mean this ?? can i replace luma3d on reinand ?

Sorry i'm noob and thank for help

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

In order to run it you need a patched TWL firm.
You can install luma3ds as it support those patches or manually install patched TWL firm CIA (I think you can find one in that ISO site).

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-patch-twl_firm-to-play-normally-blocked-ds-games.414578/page-2

do you mean this ?? can i replace luma3d on reinand ?

Sorry i'm noob and thank for help

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Apache Thunder i have a request/question . . . a requestion if you will
is it possible to exchange the icon in the wood r4 app because i grow tired of looking at that akrpg logo so i guess the real question is would you please either upload it with a new image or be gracious enough to at least explain to me how i could replace it myself (if at all possible)

thanks wormdood

Last edited by wormdood,

zehef

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

Thanks to this I can run my classic R4 on my 3DS.

But I cannot run my other linker. This is the R4i Upgrade Revolution. It runs on Dsi and DS/DS Lite.I uploaded a picture of it.
It comes from r4i-sdhc.com

I tried with r4wood, r4i gold, DSTT launcher.. it does not work.

Does anyone know how to use it on 3DS ?

Thanks.

Attachments

• r4i-sdhc.jpg
    r4i-sdhc.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 288

Pierre1234

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

This thread I'll dedicate to DSiWare designed to launch older DS flashcarts on the 3DS/n3DS. (and by old, I mean VERY old stuff. Stuff my TWL Slot-1 Launcher fails to work for)

This is separate from my TWL Slot-1 Launcher due to the fact that this works a bit differently and each launcher (if there are more I get working in the future) are specific to their flashcart and can't be used to launch slot-1 in general. Unlike TWL Slot-1 Launcher, if you intend to use this on emunand, you must have the DSiWare app in question installed to BOTH emunand AND sysnand!

But remember, you only need patched TWL_FIRM on emunand if using CIA of patched TWL_FIRM! Unless you are using Luma3DS of coarse. rxTools used to have this. But they have not provided an official release build on their github with the correct patches so rxTools is no longer recommended.

The above video shows the ORIGINAL R4 working on a n3DS/3DS for the first time! The original R4 has not worked even on the DSi! So that cheap 4/8 dollar flashcart that's still for sale in some places is now compatible with the 3DS using this launcher! Note this is a WoodR4 firmware launcher, thus you need WoodR4 files installed on your R4!

Download Links:

Stage 2 Launchers:

Confirmed Working
Original R4:
WoodR4Launcher.rar
R4CartLauncher_AnyKernel.rar (Requires a _DS_MENU.dat file to be present on MicroSD card of R4. This allows you to use any compatible kernel you want)
MoonShell2_R4.rar
hbmenu_DSiHybridMode_R4.rar (DSi mode hbmenu with R4 DLDI. Setup to access content from R4's MicroSD card instead of 3DS SD card. Older homebrew that requires DLDI will work with this)

R4i Gold (specifically the r4i-gold.com version):
R4iGold_Launcher.rar

DSTT: (confirmed working with R4 Upgrade Revolution SDHC carts as well!)
DSTT_Launcher.rar
DSTTMoonShell2_Launcher.rar (copy contents of MicroSD folder to root of MicroSD of your DSTT)

M3 DS Real:
M3DSReal_Launcher.rar
(seems to only work if using WoodM3. Link to latest version of WoodM3 for best compatibility: WoodM3125d.rar)

DS-Xtreme: (choose the version that matches your current firmware)

DSX_Launcher_v102.rar

DSX_Launcher_v112.rar

DSX_Launcher_v113.rar

For those stuck on older firmware:

DSX_Updaters.rar

I fixed the updaters to load the files locally instead of using the long dead URLs. I included the 1.1.2 updater as well if for some reason you don't want 1.1.3 on your cart. I included the skin files for 1.0.2 and 1.1.2 as well. (1.1.2's skin files seem compatible with 1.1.3)

Stage3 BootStraps: (New!)

Unlike Stage2 launchers this needs an additional file on SD card of your 3DS. You must also have a patched dev launcher. This currently requires Dev build of Luma 6.0 or newer and a patched TwlBg.cxi file at SD://luma/sysmodules location.
(Copy included NDS file to a NDS folder on root of your 3DS SD card then install the CIA)

DS-Xtreme_Stage3BootStrap_v112.rar

EZFlashV_Stage3BootStrap.rar

ActionReplayDS_Stage3BootStrap.rar

These install like any normal CIA. (Set destination to NAND if installing with FBI). Once installed, insert your R4 and boot this app. It will then start up the WoodR4 menu and games will be loaded from your R4's MicroSD card.

After multiple people testing, I have found that it's best you have your MicroSD card formatted to Fat16 (FAT). If you are having issues getting it to access the R4 menu, then try reformatting your MicorSD card. It may resolve the issue.

I will post launchers for other carts if and when I can get them converted and confirmed working. :D

This thread I'll dedicate to DSiWare designed to launch older DS flashcarts on the 3DS/n3DS. (and by old, I mean VERY old stuff. Stuff my TWL Slot-1 Launcher fails to work for)

This is separate from my TWL Slot-1 Launcher due to the fact that this works a bit differently and each launcher (if there are more I get working in the future) are specific to their flashcart and can't be used to launch slot-1 in general. Unlike TWL Slot-1 Launcher, if you intend to use this on emunand, you must have the DSiWare app in question installed to BOTH emunand AND sysnand!

But remember, you only need patched TWL_FIRM on emunand if using CIA of patched TWL_FIRM! Unless you are using Luma3DS of coarse. rxTools used to have this. But they have not provided an official release build on their github with the correct patches so rxTools is no longer recommended.

The above video shows the ORIGINAL R4 working on a n3DS/3DS for the first time! The original R4 has not worked even on the DSi! So that cheap 4/8 dollar flashcart that's still for sale in some places is now compatible with the 3DS using this launcher! Note this is a WoodR4 firmware launcher, thus you need WoodR4 files installed on your R4!

Download Links:

Stage 2 Launchers:

Confirmed Working
Original R4:
WoodR4Launcher.rar
R4CartLauncher_AnyKernel.rar (Requires a _DS_MENU.dat file to be present on MicroSD card of R4. This allows you to use any compatible kernel you want)
MoonShell2_R4.rar
hbmenu_DSiHybridMode_R4.rar (DSi mode hbmenu with R4 DLDI. Setup to access content from R4's MicroSD card instead of 3DS SD card. Older homebrew that requires DLDI will work with this)

R4i Gold (specifically the r4i-gold.com version):
R4iGold_Launcher.rar

DSTT: (confirmed working with R4 Upgrade Revolution SDHC carts as well!)
DSTT_Launcher.rar
DSTTMoonShell2_Launcher.rar (copy contents of MicroSD folder to root of MicroSD of your DSTT)

M3 DS Real:
M3DSReal_Launcher.rar
(seems to only work if using WoodM3. Link to latest version of WoodM3 for best compatibility: WoodM3125d.rar)

DS-Xtreme: (choose the version that matches your current firmware)

DSX_Launcher_v102.rar

DSX_Launcher_v112.rar

DSX_Launcher_v113.rar

For those stuck on older firmware:

DSX_Updaters.rar

I fixed the updaters to load the files locally instead of using the long dead URLs. I included the 1.1.2 updater as well if for some reason you don't want 1.1.3 on your cart. I included the skin files for 1.0.2 and 1.1.2 as well. (1.1.2's skin files seem compatible with 1.1.3)

Stage3 BootStraps: (New!)

Unlike Stage2 launchers this needs an additional file on SD card of your 3DS. You must also have a patched dev launcher. This currently requires Dev build of Luma 6.0 or newer and a patched TwlBg.cxi file at SD://luma/sysmodules location.
(Copy included NDS file to a NDS folder on root of your 3DS SD card then install the CIA)

DS-Xtreme_Stage3BootStrap_v112.rar

EZFlashV_Stage3BootStrap.rar

ActionReplayDS_Stage3BootStrap.rar

These install like any normal CIA. (Set destination to NAND if installing with FBI). Once installed, insert your R4 and boot this app. It will then start up the WoodR4 menu and games will be loaded from your R4's MicroSD card.

After multiple people testing, I have found that it's best you have your MicroSD card formatted to Fat16 (FAT). If you are having issues getting it to access the R4 menu, then try reformatting your MicorSD card. It may resolve the issue.

I will post launchers for other carts if and when I can get them converted and confirmed working. :D

i have this one but i dont know what to do.
i already tried wood R4, gold R4 and anykernel.
can somebody please help me?

Attachments

• Naamloos123.png
    Naamloos123.png
    126.9 KB · Views: 286

aarti

Killua Zoldyck
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
oh just found this thread. I own an TTDS (german DSTT clone) and will try this when I'm back from holidays :)

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
i have this one but i dont know what to do.
i already tried wood R4, gold R4 and anykernel.
can somebody please help me?

That appears to be a 3DS compatible cart. CFW should allow that cart to boot direct from home menu. That or NTR Launcher should work for it. The R4 launchers were designed for original R4 and clones of orginal R4. They will not work with other carts.

Pierre1234

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That appears to be a 3DS compatible cart. CFW should allow that cart to boot direct from home menu. That or NTR Launcher should work for it. The R4 launchers were designed for original R4 and clones of orginal R4. They will not work with other carts.
it doesnt work? i get a infinite loading... screen i also had this while dont using NTR Launcher.
do i need to put anything on the R4 card? when i got this card some years ago my dad always put games on it for me and he put woodr4.nds on it but do i need this or do i need something else? or nothing at all?

i am really new to these things i started yesterday.

some years ago i could use it but since i did a system update it was patched i think

Last edited by Pierre1234,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    StatusN @ StatusN: hi, i need help with unbanning my 3ds, can somebody show me a link to a seed that still works...