Homebrew R4 Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher(and perhaps other cards soon™)....

Seepy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Apache (If you are still around)

Is it uncommon for the 3DS to not boot (Powers on, Black screen) when the Flash Cart (CycloDS in my case) is inserted? I can replicate this consistently and it will only resolve once I remove the Flashcart and reboot.

I also used the OTPless method for a9lh if that also helps.

josamilu

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello, quick question.
How excactly do I install the WoodM3 Firmware for my M3 DSREAL? Do I just have to drag and drop the folders and the .nds file onto the micro SD card? I have never updated the firmware of my M3 DSREAL before, so I have no idea how it works.

Thanks for your answers.

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey Apache (If you are still around)

Is it uncommon for the 3DS to not boot (Powers on, Black screen) when the Flash Cart (CycloDS in my case) is inserted? I can replicate this consistently and it will only resolve once I remove the Flashcart and reboot.

I also used the OTPless method for a9lh if that also helps.

That's related to the contacts of the cartridge sadly, some just did a meh job on them. The only fix is to put a piece of paper or similar between the plastic-housing and the PCB of the cartridge.

Hulex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having some issues here.
Using:
New Nintendo 3DS
arm9hax'd
Sys 11.2.0-35U
Luma version 6.6

Using an original CycloDS Evolution Cart, running firmware 2.2 (previously tried the newest firmware but that wasn't working, tried 2.2 at reccomendation of friend who got it working)
NTR Launcher does not work. Neither the regular or the alt. It shows the DSi splash screen and then hangs on a white screen. The cart still works as intended in my DSLite unit.

Edit: disregard everything. I had to insert and remove the cart a few times. We're working now

Last edited by Hulex,

MagicC4ke

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, wondering if I could get some help.

I have had this previously working on my R4 Upgrade Revolution cart but updated my 3DS to the latest firmware and now its no longer working with the DSTT Launcher.

Any reason why this is and how I can fix it?

enragedjam

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everybody! I've tried all of the launchers attached to the main post and I can't seem to be able to boot into my flashcart, which is an R4i SDHC 'Brand New' V2.0 (r4isdhc.com).
11435746-r4i-sdhc-v20-card-for-nintendo-dsi-v14-v141-firmware.jpg

On the back of it 'R4i SDHC 9' is written.

What should I do? Is there any other firmware that'll make it boot with one of the launchers? None of them work with the original firmware.
Thanks in advance!

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everybody! I've tried all of the launchers attached to the main post and I can't seem to be able to boot into my flashcart, which is an R4i SDHC 'Brand New' V2.0 (r4isdhc.com).
11435746-r4i-sdhc-v20-card-for-nintendo-dsi-v14-v141-firmware.jpg

On the back of it 'R4i SDHC 9' is written.

What should I do? Is there any other firmware that'll make it boot with one of the launchers? None of them work with the original firmware.
Thanks in advance!

People of GBATemp!

Does this run the woods firmware and if so could this fix his problem?

TO OP

Try reformatting the SD card to fat32 and redownload the latest firmware again

Reactions: enragedjam

enragedjam

Trophies
XP
Country
People of GBATemp!

Does this run the woods firmware and if so could this fix his problem?

TO OP

Try reformatting the SD card to fat32 and redownload the latest firmware again

Hi! Thanks for the fast reply. I tried reformatting and it didn't work, nor did the Woods firmware. I don't know if it's relevant, but it works on the 1.4 DSi firmware.

EDIT: Managed to get the 3ds to detect it by updating the kernel of the flashcart and now works with the R4i GOLD launcher!!
// resolved

Last edited by enragedjam,
Reactions: MartinDocNewland

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I'm completely new to the R4 world, someone gave me this the other day to try it out. Asking around on Noob Paradise I was forwarded here. Any idea on what I got and if I should follow any guide to get it working. Like I said I have no idea what this is.
5ca819706495349bc28434dd774dbd14.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

chompita239

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Trying to use an original r4(wood) but when I open the app it just shows nothing, I can see icons for micro sd, slot 2, and a folder icon but there's no text, it's just the icons animated with a black background, even trying to open them opens a textless window, the folder is just empty. Works on my ds lite however, how do I fix this? I've tried keeping it pushed in as well

edit: weird, I had it pushed, let it go and kept it in normally, and started to work. Guess I was doing it wrong, woohoo!

Thank you!
Guys sorry for bumping, but i am having this same problem, i have a cloned R4 i think, i used the WoodR4 cia an it booted fine but i cant see any text, its works fine on my DSLite

EDIT: used the R4CartLauncher_AnyKernel and it got stuckon the loading screen. Any ideas?

Last edited by chompita239,

watz97

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Guys sorry for bumping, but i am having this same problem, i have a cloned R4 i think, i used the WoodR4 cia an it booted fine but i cant see any text, its works fine on my DSLite

EDIT: used the R4CartLauncher_AnyKernel and it got stuckon the loading screen. Any ideas?
i had this same issue but mine is a original r4, what worked for me is go to "_rpg" folder inside the r4 micro sd and delete or change the name of "globalsettings.ini". it seems that a previous theme no longer available was the cause.

chompita239

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
i had this same issue but mine is a original r4, what worked for me is go to "_rpg" folder inside the r4 micro sd and delete or change the name of "globalsettings.ini". it seems that a previous theme no longer available was the cause.
Nop :/ didnt work

Hey @Apache Thunder does this flashcard works? Because i am trying everything but its a NOPE.
R4SDHC.jpg

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Support for that card has always been spotty. You will have to dump it's rom so that I can attempt to make a stage3 launcher from it. Wooddumper may fail to do this correctly. You'll have to use the dldi branch of bootstrap and the slot2 version of NDS Backup Tool. Failing that you may have to use the wifi version of it as I have a card that only that tool dumps correctly. Until I have a valid dump of that card, there's nothing I can do to help you.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho