R4 iii sdhc clone freezes when loading game

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by BMasterP, Jul 15, 2009.

Jul 15, 2009

BMasterP New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    Ok, i got a r4iiisdhc r4 clone. it works flawlessly, exept when enabling cheats, when i do that, and i try to load a game it just freezes(didn't do this with all games. cheats from mario kart where enabled before without problems.) but most of my games, after anabling cheats in the cheat menu, after that all games freeze until i do a format of the sd card. then eveything work until i enable another cheat.(or when i put some files on the sd that don't belong there, like some mp3's)
    so after this, disabling the cheat, or puting the original firmware+files on the sdcard(overwrite over the old one) does nothing. it still hangs when loading a game, so assuming that after i put the original firmware back on the card(including the original configuration files) the card is" exept for the roms that are on the sd card" a clean install of the firmware(if we can call it a install by just copieing over the files) until i format then it works again.

stranges thing is, while every game freezes at the r4 loading screen after this, the emulators will run.

this happend to me multiple times. i had it before when my snesmulds created a sav file for super mario world, after that no game would boot(exept the emu's) so i'm figuring that when some files changes on the sd card, no game will boot anymore untill i do a format of the sd card.

anyone know whats going on? is it my sd card or is it the clone?

Aeter A walking contradiction

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    What firmware do you use?

I think YSMenu is the best firmware for this clonecard and might fix the problem.

And maybe just reformatting the microSD might solve the problem.

BMasterP New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    i'm using the "newest" firmware for my clone. dunno what version it is(www.r4iiisdhc.com).
    Also, i can't get ysmenu to work on my clone.
    i tryed 2 methods, the automated installer where i choose option 3 or 4, so that i can launch ysmenu from within my original firmware, but then i get an error when trying to load a game.(something about ttsmenu not ok or something this is in one of my posts here)
    and i got a updated version of the newest way to create a ysmenu firmware for my r4 clone(on of the sticky's on the r4 page) and that won't work either, just a bunch of purple lines vertical on the screen.
    so i'm stuck with the original firmware, on my sd card(formated it multiple times, quick normal, panasonic formater) but still, enabling cheats will screw me over.

Aeter A walking contradiction

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    I think that YSMenu with option 3 or 4 requires the original R4 V1.18 firmware and probably won't work with the clone's firmware.

Seems liek you've tried alot of things.

I'll try to send you a .rar-file of the YSMenu that I built. I've tested it on my original R4 and everything works (latest games and cheats, everything).

SPONSORED LINKS