Homebrew R4 Card Help

Z-Master

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my Emunand to the latest firmware, and in trying to launch the R4 launcher, it results in a black screen. Along with this, trying to run the program on the Systemnand results in an error. Using Luma 5.5 with 11.1 Emunand and 9.2 Systemnand. Thanks in advance!

Z-Master

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was working fine, but some guy wiped my micro SD card. After purchasing a new one, I received an error when installing games from the freeshop or CIAngel. Other members of the forum confirmed that updating my Emunand would fix the error, however, whenever I try to launch DSI ware, it either gives a black screen on Emunand or an error message when launching from Systemnand.

TheMagicMan

A Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was working fine, but some guy wiped my micro SD card. After purchasing a new one, I received an error when installing games from the freeshop or CIAngel. Other members of the forum confirmed that updating my Emunand would fix the error, however, whenever I try to launch DSI ware, it either gives a black screen on Emunand or an error message when launching from Systemnand.

Why would someone just wipe your sd card?

Z-Master

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My brother doesn't know how to put a SD card into a adapter, so the card went INSIDE the SD card reader on the computer, where it was somehow wiped and rendered useless upon retrieval.

Z-Master

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, the SD card was shoved over the Micro-SD card adapter and into the computer itself, in which it was stuck above to SD Card reader. I had to physically open up my laptop:nayps3:, and go to the motherboard, where the reader is located to retrieve the lost micro-SD card.

Z-Master

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a picture for reference. Instead of going into the SD card adapter, it was pushed above the SD card reader
jUH0tM6.jpg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

On both, or just Emunand?

Z-Master

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: Re-installed the R4 Launchers, but upon loading the one in Systemnand, it stays in the R4 loading screen. However, loading the R4 launcher in the updated Emunand results in the black screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Imagine that every Pokemon game is the exact same but with slight tweaks.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    @SylverReZ Syl my beloved :bow: gm
    +1
    It is friday
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7BVtGnlxT8