MatrixPikachu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure that I ever tried... I'll test it with MH4 now

** while I'm testing, these are the ones that I've tried so far, not sure if any of them are card2 games
0493 - Animal Crossing - New Leaf (US).sav
0961 - Tomodachi Life (US).sav
01 - New Super Mario Bros. 2.sav
25 - Angry Birds Triology.sav
26 - Angry Birds - Star Wars.sav
0032 - Pilotwings Resort (US).sav
0037 - Super Street Fighter IV - 3D Edition (US).sav
0246 - Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (US).sav
0260 - Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (US).sav
0263 - Epic Mickey - Power of Illusion (US).sav
0418 - Brain Age - Concentration Training (US).sav
0527 - Batman - Arkham Origins Blackgate (US).sav
0610 - Fast & Furious - Showdown (US).sav
0663 - Cut the Rope - Triple Treat (US).sav
0816 - Disney Magical World (US).sav
Battleship.sav
Big Hero 6 - Battle In The Bay.sav
Bust-A-Move Universe.sav

So you were able to backup/(modify)/restore the saves using just the DiskWriter tool?

Thanks for testing! You're all awesome :lol:

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol that defeats the whole purpose don't do what this guy is doing use the header from a game you own and are never going to get rid of and use that header for all your games.
Thats what makes it Private!
True. OR you could use my Private Headerinator. Simple really, 120V of electricity quickly applied to a couple of contacts on the card should make it rather inoperable. "Hey this cart you sold me doesn't work! I want my money back."

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True. OR you could use my Private Headerinator. Simple really, 120V of electricity quickly applied to a couple of contacts on the card should make it rather inoperable. "Hey this cart you sold me doesn't work! I want my money back."

Dont make me call you know who.
perry_the_platypus_vector_by_lordofthieves-d6noyo4.png

Reactions: thorasgar

Nicolas Dominguez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. You can dump games as long as your device can boot into the Gateway Menu
2. From my experience, one header is not universal.. Some games work, some don't.. "they" (as in the people who are in the know on the interwebz) recommend you have multiple headers, use the one that works with one game, and try a different one with another game if the previous one didn't work..
3. It's actually 31 games, doesn't matter the size, just a 31 game limit on any given card (given that your card can hold the data) I wouldn't get the 128GB microSD's as I barely fill up the 64GB.. PLUS rotating between 31 games (TRUST ME) is a fricken headache.. I would get 4 16GB and make "playlists" if you will
4. Every game that I cared about, I was able to save the game save, and successfully transfer them back using DiskWriter, so yes it does work.

I have both Gateway and Sky3DS for my devices.. I would say:
Sky3DS = (Beginner Level) Greatest compatibility with units, Ease of use / plug and play for 3DS ROM playing
Gateway = (Advanced Level) More options (Homebrew, emulators, themes, etc.), Greater control and customizations, Region Free, etc.

Hi bro I wanted to ask you maybe you can help me. I recently bought a blue button sky3ds and a 32gb micro sd. The thing is I trimmed 19 games and put them on the micro sd using the disk writer tool, and already tested the games and all of them worked. Now what I want is have less games because the switching games is a hassle. What I want to know is what happens if I format my micro sd and just put the zeldas and marios so I only have 5-8 games there. What happens to the other games? Can I add them in the future on the same micro sd? How does the game limit on the sky3ds works?. Thank you very much!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)