Quick rating of the last game you played or currently playing.

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
We have an official section for ratings and reviews > https://gbatemp.net/forums/gbatemp-reviews-guides.17/

This thread is for quick ratings, doesn't have to be in-depth but if you like could be.

Mine:

1st game I'm going to rate is I've been playing "Pokemon mystery dungeon red rescue team" for the last 7 years(?), it wasn't high on my list of priority. I've played it on VBA first... then the save went to PSP... then the save went to VITA where I finished to the credit roll. i Give it a 7/10

2nd game I'm going to rate is Rayman Orgins on the vita; fun platformer. 9/10

Last edited by Flame,

Edrian

Commercial Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Miitomo count as a game?
Gave it a 4/5 because while it is great, it was kinda slow. (And in general, it's awkward as a social networking app xD)

Reactions: Flame

Hungry Friend

It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9.5/10 for Final Fantasy IV, JP SNES version. I'm trying out an improved version of the J2E hack and though I just started, it's much more like the GBA, PSP and DS translations so far. It was the first FF to use the ATB system as well as the first truly epic, heavily story-based FF game and its story still holds up very well today. Same goes for the battle system which is the original prototype ATB system that many older FF fans know and love, and while it's rough around the edges it still works very well.

Graphics are primitive but I dig the art style.

EDIT: A new version of the hack I linked earlier came out yesterday so I updated the link. Different hack name but same author and it's meant to replace the one that was linked here before.

Last edited by Hungry Friend, , Reason: Friend came by during my last edit; finished post
Reactions: exangel and Flame

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I've been sinking way too many hours into Stardew Valley the past couple days, I'd give it a quick rating of 8/10. Good time sinker, and I love the whole adventuring/mining cave thing. Only complaints so far is with the soundtrack, which is rather lacking for the kind of game that it is, and time goes by a little too quickly IMO (though there are mods for that).

Reactions: exangel and Flame

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm gonna do two because I wanna :P
Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam 8/10. To me, this is another great game to the Mario & Luigi RPGs. The exploration's solid, the battles were always giving something new so it was never tiring, it showed some difficulty, & the dialogue/story is as good as it has always been. Maybe my complaints could be the toad "mini games" missions. I do enjoy doing them, but it's a little odd as it's a mandatory thing to do to progress. That, and Paper Luigi is not playable in the game, although I understand why (similarities to Partners in Time, difficult to control four individuals in the overworld, tedious when it comes to battles, etc.)
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy 8.5/10. (Yes, I'm very late to this game, but I needed to finish playing this one really badly) For any Professor Layton fan or a puzzle-loving game, this game delivers. The puzzles are as challenging as what I wanted them to be & the dialogue is top-notch. A few people complained that the story is too long or complicated, but that's one of the things I absolutely love about this series, especially this game.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The most recent game I played was "This War of Mine", and my quickie rating is 2/10. And before you all start beating me up, I'm not saying it's a bad game with that score. I'm saying I don't like it.
It's just not for me. Maybe I haven't really given it the time it needs, maybe I don't understand it well enough. The pace, and the overall game play style just... doesn't suit me. A tutorial might've changed the score drastically.

For Wii U, I've been playing Xenoblade Chronicles X, which I like a lot. At first I thought it was a 10/10, but as I've spent a lot of time on it and found some annoyances, the score drops to an 8/10.
The randomness of enemy levels, some slow grinding, and the fear of losing my skell... urgh. Also, I'm not the biggest fan of the armor and weapons. There's almost no better weapon, or better armor. They have all pros and cons, and you'll have to experiment to find what's best for you... That made me choose something I near the start of the game, and basically never upgrading it.

I've also tried Bayonetta 1 before I'll go to the second game... and I kinda don't like it so far. Running around, enemies pop up, drawn out fighting, more running, more fighting, QTE-boss, missed a button, died, restart, try again, get a bad score / rating... Hm. Will I go back later to fix these ratings? Do I gain anything by getting a higher rank? Should I replay the same level over and over before continuing?
Not used to that kind of game, so it's all very confusing for me. So far: 4/10, but it may rise.

For PC I've been playing the latest Tomb Raider game. Got it with my graphics card, so I tried it right away and was blown away by the graphics and the game play since I haven't played any Tomb Raider game since I was getting stuck on the first area of Tomb Raider 2. Yeah. But this one is amazing! 9/10, and the only thing I'm not too fond of is some of the QTE:s, the DLC stuff and micro transactions... it doesn't bother me too much, except it messes with the Achievements. Sadly the missing achievements gives me a mental itch that doesn't go away... some sort of completionist OCD. But I shouldn't let that lower my enjoyment of the actual game.
I can't wait to try the first game in this rebooted series (if only I could find it super cheap... missed it when it was in a Humble Bundle).

Fairly recently (not that recently honestly) I completed Skyrim (as in 100% achievements + all quests that aren't "procedurally generated"). I love The Elder Scrolls. I really enjoyed how bows and sneaking worked in this game, and I don't care if the game's buggy. There has been patches to fix a lot of it, and for some other bugs there's the console commands that can fix it all. This get's a solid 10/10. I'm a lore junkie.

This will have to do for now.

Last edited by Issac,

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
Hyper Light Drifter 9.5/10

This game is fantastic, simple as. It's a love letter to RPGs of ages past, like The legend of Zelda and Secret of Mana and then it makes it as hard as balls. A beautifully designed pixel game, it has a certain style that draws you in. It's simplistic, yet has small details and fine touches. The music is an atmospheric and fitting mix of 16 bit styled music that just makes the game; it makes you feel as though every hallway and room is an epic adventure. The gameplay is great. It uses an overhead style from the past mentioned games, but then fine tunes it for a modern time. Using a sword is quick and snappy and you have total control over your character at all time. There's also a gun that you can aim with the stick /mouse and it's responsive and accurate. This game is hard, and you'll love it for that. It doesn't hold your hand, but it isn't unfair either. The challenge is well deserved and rewarding. Getting through it is through skill and you don't feel as though the developer has deliberately made it too hard. It gives you every chance to succeed and if you fail, it's utterly your fault for not being quick or skillful enough. It doesn't tell you where to go. It drops you in a town where you can go in any direction and leaves you to it. I went north first and I feel as though I made the right choice. Monsters and enemy NPCs are not ridiculously difficult, but they are smart and challenging; the AI is quite good and keeps you on your toes.

I've also got back into The Last Remnant recently. I left it alone for a while, but I never actually got everything, nor did I get the 'true ending' or whatever. I'd give the game a firm 7/10, it's a great JRPG and with such a unique battle system. I'm a bit disappointed that nothing else ever used it, it's quite fun and intuitive. It's a much bigger game than I remember, with a massive slew of side quests and to get everything revolves around completing one quest, that requires completing other quests and such to unlock them. It's so easy to miss something. I've just realised that you can't get everything on one playthrough either. Some things can't be obtained until a new game plus playthrough.

D

Deleted User

Counter Strike Global Offensive 9/10
Great game, that actually requires skill to win.
Only downside is the connection, it sucks balls sometimes

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Pokemon FireRed

7/10

They made this game for nostalgic purposes only. They've removed the day and night cycles so say goodbye to the Pokemon that evolve during day or night. Made rematches easier with the VS seeker. Still a somewhat good experience ovrrall

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SOMA, I give it a 10/10 since it's the only game that has left me questioning things since I finished it. And also for the great story and replay ability with the implementation of user made custom stories.

MlgPro

Play me in SSB4 I’m a Fox main
Trophies
Website
m.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
We have an official section for ratings and reviews > https://gbatemp.net/forums/gbatemp-reviews-guides.17/

This thread is for quick ratings, doesn't have to be in-depth but if you like could be.

Mine:

1st game I'm going to rate is I've been playing "Pokemon mystery dungeon red rescue team" for the last 7 years(?), it wasn't high on my list of priority. I've played it on VBA first... then the save went to PSP... then the save went to VITA where I finished to the credit roll. i Give it a 7/10

2nd game I'm going to rate is Rayman Orgins on the vita; fun platformer. 9/10
SSB4 10/10 for good graphics and nice fighting style
Undertale 10/10 for being sucha good rpg that actual changed my view on all of the other rpgs

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth. 8/10. so far.
The games has been fantastic, I haven't beat it yet but I can tell I'm pretty close to the end.
Is one of the most complete digimon games out there but the normal digimon you run into are pretty easy to beat, you can choice difficulty from the options menu to make them stronger though. I still prefer to keep them on normal because the encounters are random and you don't gain more experience on hard (just the loot is increased).
The story is very good, all the characters are likable in one or other way (except the main villains, fuck them), lots of waifu material and the soundtrack is excellent.
The frustration of training inhent of the game genre is handled very well as there are methods to multiply the experience earned to level up really fast (and you are gonna need it) and there is the digimon farm when you can put your digimon to train and increase their stats with little user intervention (this is needed to access certain digivolutions...... I'm specially looking at your evolutionary tree Lucemon).
Only 8 out of 10 because of random encounters, some optional missions can be kinda tedious and the frame rate of the Vita version go to single digits at certain occasions (PS4 version in 60fps at all times), nothing serious but still.

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing Dark Souls 3 and so far I give it a 9/10. It's pretty much what you'd expect from Dark Souls, which is great. Lots to do and the gameplay is great

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I accidentally installed nova-111 of the latest humble monthly (thinking it was super avalanche), but it's really, really good at what it is. It's an exploration/platformer/tactics sort of game with very simple controls but a lot of depth. Oh, and it manages to perfectly mix turn-based combat with real-time elements. :)
Personal rating: 9/10

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi: pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise