Hacking quick questions for devs about GC adapter, Nintendont, wii usb loaders, HID to VPAD and vWii

scyllahydre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, so here is the thing, I can't find any posts about that after December 2014, so...

I am searching for a way to play project M with offcial Gamecube adapter support.

So here are infos I have:
-PM should support WiiU GC adapters but it's is not completly implemented and it seems to be an hell to finish the job.
-Nintendont does support GC official adapter, is there any way to port this code to USB loaders?
-Nintendont translate syscalls of GC games for wii; is there anyway to mod nintendont to load a wiigame?
-each usb loaders has a modded version that support sixaxis through HID, as the GC adapter is HID too, is there a way to mod that lib for GC adapter?
-HID to vpad can emulate pro controllers, would that be a ton of work to port it to emulate wii+classics, would this be keeped while loading vwii?

The wiiU is absolutly the ultimate hardware for retrogaming, it can support everything from Nes console to Wiiu (3ds excluded). You just can't play Brawl and PM with gc controllers which is sad.

So... I implore you wiiU gods, @Maschell , @FIX94 , @dimok and any people who has made this console as great as Nintendo couldn't achieve; I know requests are not cool, but I think this feature is not that hard to implement when you writed 75% of the previously talked apps.

I am indeed a dev, but I've already too much projects (Including creating a video game).

Thank you for your attention.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think a hardware adaptor taking the signals and translating to a pnp format could work. But im not a expert.

Mystic Shadow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure you can just use nintendont. You can use a usbloader in vwii and set it to use nintendont. Youtube is your friend.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pretty sure you can just use nintendont. You can use a usbloader in vwii and set it to use nintendont. Youtube is your friend.
That's pretty useless for Wii games, though. (and even for GCN, Devolution remains superior in some respects, namely network play)
We all know the ultimate solution for that would be a vWii patch similar to the official GamePad one that causes the adapter to emulate built-in GCN ports, but that's a long time coming, if it's even possible.

Last edited by N7Kopper,

scyllahydre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@N7Kopper I think it is, why would nintendont support GC controllers while running in vWii and not in vWii?
But still, I tried to understand the code of homebres for both wiiU and vWii, and I do not seem to be able to achieve such thing. Still, I think some people on this forum could achieve it really fast.

cybrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is something I've done some research about in the past. The short answer to this is that adding support to Project M for other controllers would require adding some sort of "driver" for that controller (to translate it to something the game would understand, such as GameCube controller input), and this is simply an extremely big task to undertake. Amongst other things, supporting controllers over USB would likely break the use of Project M on a USB loader itself, simply because of how the Wii IOS handles USB access. (Remember, Nintendon't loads games from the SD card, not USB!)

Last edited by cybrian,

scyllahydre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@cybrian thank you for this information.

STILL, is there a way to load PM from a SDCard and use USB ports for adapter? or even when I use nintendont I use front USB ports for adapter. And I think vWii IOS use back USB port for HDD... so... I think is a way to achieve it.

cybrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@cybrian thank you for this information.

STILL, is there a way to load PM from a SDCard and use USB ports for adapter? or even when I use nintendont I use front USB ports for adapter. And I think vWii IOS use back USB port for HDD... so... I think is a way to achieve it.
I was wrong that Nintendon't doesn't load games from USB, but nevertheless there's no question about it — you'd need to add new controller drivers to Brawl. It's something that might be possible for someone who knows both the Wii architecture and PPC assembly like the back of their hand… but even that's kind of trivializing how difficult it would be.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: A PS3 pkg i downloaded