quick question

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
To kill the phone itself. A way that would leave no trace. It's a loooong story, but I want it dead, and my(soon) ex carrier to give me a replacement
One way would be to flash a boot.img from a different phone model...like for example flashing a boot.img from a Canadian Galaxy S4 on a international Galaxy S4

LinkBlaBla

This is Perfect!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a way to kill an android phone?
Flash a wrong Recovery or ROM -

Boot into recovery and flash a ROM which is not for your phone. Most probably this will break things. For maximum damage do it via adb. Connect to a PC and boot into recovery using adb reboot recovery . Then go ahead and flash a custom recovery which is not supported by your phone.

Or if you have a custom recovery like CWM, boot into it and delete /data, /cache, /factory, /system, /boot, /sbl, /xloader and /recovery.

Another way is using adb or the Android Degub Bridge via connecting to a PC- execute the following commands via adb.

1. adb shell
  2. su
  3. mount -o remount, rw /system
  4. mount -o remount, rw /data
  5. rm -rf /data/*
  6. rm -rf /system/*
  7. reboot
This will wipe out all critical system data and ensures your phone will never work again.

Another way - try it from the terminal emulator or adb

1. su
  2. dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0 or /dev/mmcblk0
Do these at your risk and only if you are very sure that you do not want a working phone anymore.

Next time google your question. :P

Reactions: Byokugen

Byokugen

Unit_01
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Flash a wrong Recovery or ROM -

Boot into recovery and flash a ROM which is not for your phone. Most probably this will break things. For maximum damage do it via adb. Connect to a PC and boot into recovery using adb reboot recovery . Then go ahead and flash a custom recovery which is not supported by your phone.

Or if you have a custom recovery like CWM, boot into it and delete /data, /cache, /factory, /system, /boot, /sbl, /xloader and /recovery.

Another way is using adb or the Android Degub Bridge via connecting to a PC- execute the following commands via adb.

1. adb shell
  2. su
  3. mount -o remount, rw /system
  4. mount -o remount, rw /data
  5. rm -rf /data/*
  6. rm -rf /system/*
  7. reboot
This will wipe out all critical system data and ensures your phone will never work again.

Another way - try it from the terminal emulator or adb

1. su
  2. dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0 or /dev/mmcblk0
Do these at your risk and only if you are very sure that you do not want a working phone anymore.

Next time google your question. :P
Google wouldn't be as nice as you are :-)
Do I need root permission for this?
The reason I want to do this is: new phone, broke 2 months after I bought it, sceeen died, undee warranty, replaced it, 2 days after I got it, again, speed up to present, 4 times! 4 times they "repaired it". So I'm sick of it, they are supposed to give me a new phone, but nah, fluck me around.
Ps can this method be traced?

LinkBlaBla

This is Perfect!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The reason I want to do this is: new phone, broke 2 months after I bought it, sceeen died, undee warranty, replaced it, 2 days after I got it, again, speed up to present, 4 times! 4 times they "repaired it". So I'm sick of it, they are supposed to give me a new phone, but nah, fluck me around.
yes you need root permission and do what i says all method should works.

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Most probably is, since it will leave the system without any of it's system files

I would go to something more simpler like on the guide says, delete /data and /system(have s backup on your PC just in case)

Why do I say to make a full phone backup before damaging it? If the company does not let you replace it, you can always go back and flash that backup :3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.