Homebrew Quick question

Durelle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anybody made it so we can put wii ISO's on a WiiU formated HDD? im currently using a USB stick to swap ISO files, but i wish to use my WiiU formated HDD as i got lots of memory available to put files on it. my GCN games would also be nice to place on there, but i can deal with running them on a SD card.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No, as WiiU disks are encrypted and most likely decrypting them on the fly as required by cios for running games would be too hard for a Wii

On the other hand, (while as of today there are significant inconveniences and imperfections) you can use a FAT32 disk for WiiU mode with the latest builds of Mocha (and no other cfw, for now)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
better keep separate hdds for vwii and wiiu becuase fat32 loadiine is just to slow nd some games take forever to load, dont go there really.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Alright, so that means ill have to redownload ALL of my WiiU stuff if i format my WiiU drive to Fat32 ?
No, in fact one of said limitations is that you can't directly install titles to a FAT32 disk, so you would have to backup (over ftp, etc) the contents of your encrypted disk and paste then in the fat32 one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."