Hacking quick question about homebrew on ps4

Bernhard

Psycho
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ve seen the release of that one exploit by failoverflow...
and everyone was hyped about homebrew...
is there anything? or has it all been nonsense... no one uses the "exploit" ?
man i am so confused about this stuff.... i can t tell how much this confuses...

any one can bring light in the dark corners of unanswered questions?

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I ve seen the release of that one exploit by failoverflow...
and everyone was hyped about homebrew...
is there anything? or has it all been nonsense... no one uses the "exploit" ?
man i am so confused about this stuff.... i can t tell how much this confuses...

any one can bring light in the dark corners of unanswered questions?
An exploit has been released but nothing using it yet

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Still better than those 65525 people said they got kernel exploit but never released.

There are in fact both userland and kernel exploits for PS4 up to 5.00 as people claimed, juuuuuust they might never release any of them.

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Team fail0verflow released detailed information on how to implement it two weeks ago, but there's no actual release, by anyone. Nothing.

Let alone some actual homebrew...

akramff

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Still better than those 65525 people said they got kernel exploit but never released.

There are in fact both userland and kernel exploits for PS4 up to 5.00 as people claimed, juuuuuust they might never release any of them.
It's a noob question but could you explaine what does userland and play ground in terms of hack mean?

Bernhard

Psycho
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An exploit has been released but nothing using it yet
its so sad... tbh no one want s to release homebrew public... i d do it my self but i am not really into programming :(

yeah sure... but in the end it s the same as nothing for the enduser.^^ isnt it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's a noob question but could you explaine what does userland and play ground in terms of hack mean?
would be interesting ... i ve no clear answer to that ... but userland is i guess if there s a new source ...a new exploitable one and playground is that whats already found of exploits but usefull only for programmers ^^
i am not sure if its right but pls feel free to correct me^^!

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
its so sad... tbh no one want s to release homebrew public... i d do it my self but i am not really into programming :(

yeah sure... but in the end it s the same as nothing for the enduser.^^ isnt it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

would be interesting ... i ve no clear answer to that ... but userland is i guess if there s a new source ...a new exploitable one and playground is that whats already found of exploits but usefull only for programmers ^^
i am not sure if its right but pls feel free to correct me^^!
it not that no one wants to use its just people dont know how to fully use it rednand existed for 2 months before it was userfreindly

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country

User land means the exploit only allows to execute up to some amount of code in the user memory space. For security, the memory is allocated in isolated regions classified by permissions. The user cannot read or write any memory outside of the user memory space. Comunication with other "rings" is done by calls where the inner (more secure) code modifies the outter (less secure) memory with the minimum amount of sensible data to avoid disclosures.

A playgroud is a way to open up the user space memory and functions through the exploit to allow anyone to play with the user land capabilities (with hope to find a next ring exploit or direct kernel exploits).
In case of the ps4, this is a local webpage.

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hi,

I am on 4.07 Any reason to hold on to it.
Yeah. There's a webkit exploit (userland) that was ported to 4.0x, including 4.07, but the kernel exploit ("namedobj", aka "Adieu") only works on 4.05 and below. There's also braggings (for lack of a better term) of 4.55/5.00 kernel-level access, but that won't be released anytime soon, if at all.

Last edited by DSpider,

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

You need a way to the safe then can break the safe. Userland exploits (such as browser, applications or anything non-kernel level) served as entry points to be able to execute your own malicious code, you can then later use the kernel exploit (method to break into the safe) to owned the system.

Only userland exploit available means you can do things that was not allowed in the bank, such as bring power tools near the safe, but have no idea how to break the safe with what you got. Only kernel exploit available means you know exactly how to break the safe and the right tool to be used, just that you can't go near the safe to execute it.

Broomoperator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Yeah. There's a webkit exploit (userland) that was ported to 4.0x, including 4.07, but the kernel exploit ("namedobj", aka "Adieu") only works on 4.05 and below. There's also braggings (for lack of a better term) of 4.55/5.00 kernel-level access, but that won't be released anytime soon, if at all.

So in other words wait and see for 4.07.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended