• Likes 6

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Hi gbatemp, I letterbombed my wii yesterday and I have been trying to set up usb loader gx, actually I'm so new, I don't even know which is the best backup loader xD... Well I downloaded what I thought was the most commonly used backup loader and I have a wbfs of wii play but when I put it in the flash drive (wbfs prepared) and I tried to turn on the game it gets stuck in a black screen and my wiimote turns off. Does anyone know the solution? Thanks beforehand!
for a good comparison which is batter for you I'd suggest looking at http://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-loaders.333364/
as for what you're missing, a USB loader needs an additional little softmod called a cIOS. To get that and any other basics you might have missed I'd recommend running ModMii for Windows and it'll download everything and guide you through it.

twocows

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a feature comparison or something similar available for the three popular USB loaders? Everyone seems to have their own idea of which one's best.

duckypwns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I made sure I had diosmios lite properly installed again, I formatted my HDD to FAT32, I changed my cluster size to 32k, etc. and I still can't get it working. I tried it with another hard drive, and it didn't work either. I feel like I'm overlooking something really small; do I have to change any settings in USB loader GX to get it to acknowledge my GC games? Wii games still work fine for the record. Also, I already changed the custom path from my SD card to the USB drive, so that isn't the problem. Are there any other things I need to do?

Nevermind, I got it working but now when I try to load a game off of my hard drive, it says that I have to copy it to my SD card, or delete a game off of my SD card. But my SD card is only 2GB in size and it's nearly full. Is diosmios not working properly?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
which version of USBLoaderGX are you using?
3.0 ONLY works with DIOS MIOS Lite and SD card.
Beta versions works with both SD and USB. (current latest revision is r1209)

Go to USBLoaderGX settings > Credit > look at the installed/detected versions.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if it says 3.0c, then he is using the Full channel version.
There's no boot.dol he can replace, and if he adds it to his apps/usbloader_gx/ folder but still launch the channel, it won't help him.

@duckypwns:
Download the link that Maxternal gave you.
Extract the file /IOS249/boot.dol and copy that file (only this file, no other one) into this folder:
SD :/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol

Then, run the loader from the Homebrew Channel, and you will have the latest version.
If you still run the loader from the channel, it will launch the channel's version (outdated).

If you want to launch the loader from a Channel instead of the homebrew channel, you can install the Forwarder channel (UNEO) instead of the Full channel (ULNR).
It will install a channel, but instead of loading a specific version of the USBloader, it will load the file located on your SD card : SD :/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol

jakiewinks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: I'm using an ipod video, 5th gen 30 gb (it's approved in the usb loader capability list) and it can be read and load my games, but the loading time is pretty bad. Is there any type of format settings or something I can do to make it run alittle faster? Thanks!
im using cios222, tried on multiple iso's/wbfs's and different usb loaders, have the hard drive format to fat32 and use wiibackup manager to add wii games.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the mount time or the read/write access?
For the mount time, there's nothing you can do.
For the read access, use a cIOS based on IOS 56.

If you are using the games in a FST format (file extracted, instead of ISO), for example for GameCube or Sneek, bigger cluster size can help. if you are in cluster size less than 32k, try converting it to 32k.

mac_gamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed the Homebrew Channel. I want to be able to rip my own games to the SD card and play them from there. Thats it. Is there a step by step guide to set me up with one of the loaders because I cant get them to work.

Bosby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, thanks for any answer. I've installed DIOS MIOS for use with Configurable USB Loader, which works super awesomely! However now when I try and play some of my gamecube discs which weren't compatible through DIOS MIOS, it still shows the DIOS MIOS splash screen and acts as though I'm loading through it. Is there a work around to play my gamecube discs without DIOS MIOS being involved?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Quick question, thanks for any answer. I've installed DIOS MIOS for use with Configurable USB Loader, which works super awesomely! However now when I try and play some of my gamecube discs which weren't compatible through DIOS MIOS, it still shows the DIOS MIOS splash screen and acts as though I'm loading through it. Is there a work around to play my gamecube discs without DIOS MIOS being involved?
Nope, Dios Mios replaces what the Wii uses to run GameCube disks, the MIOS, and you can only have one of those installed at a time so it ends up using DiosMios for both.
Basically, the only option would be to keep a copy of your original DiosMios WAD and a WAD for a clean MIOS v10 and install with a WAD manager whenever you need to switch

I was under the impression that even games that did not word from SD or from USB still worked from a retail disk with DiosMios. Which games are we talking about here? Just curious.

CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
I've got a question: I just moved over from using burned discs on my original Wii to finally learning how to set up a USB loader to use on my Wii U. I know only certain disc drives on PCs are able to rip Wii ISOs from real game discs, but can I rip ISOs from burned game discs? It'd be much easier than redownloading everything.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I've got a question: I just moved over from using burned discs on my original Wii to finally learning how to set up a USB loader to use on my Wii U. I know only certain disc drives on PCs are able to rip Wii ISOs from real game discs, but can I rip ISOs from burned game discs? It'd be much easier than redownloading everything.
Yes, your options are PC for burned disks or the Wii/Wii U itself for ripping retail disks.

Fevy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Hey, quick question here.

I'm using Configurable USB Loader with Dios Mios. When I play Gamecube games off a USB HDD, and I want to reset using the Wii's reset button, the Wii shuts down (although the power LED is still green).
Anyway to make the reset work properly? Gamecube soft reset, Start + B + X, has the same issue.

Thanks.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Hey, quick question here.

I'm using Configurable USB Loader with Dios Mios. When I play Gamecube games off a USB HDD, and I want to reset using the Wii's reset button, the Wii shuts down (although the power LED is still green).
Anyway to make the reset work properly? Gamecube soft reset, Start + B + X, has the same issue.

Thanks.
If you want it to reset the game itself back to the beginning of the same game, no. Unfortunately DiosMios doesn't deal with that very well.
If you want to reset the Wii back to the system menu, you can turn on the PadHook option and then in game press Z + R + Start. You can also press Z + R + B + DPad-down to turn it off completely with that option.

Fevy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Luxembourg
If you want it to reset the game itself back to the beginning of the same game, no. Unfortunately DiosMios doesn't deal with that very well.
If you want to reset the Wii back to the system menu, you can turn on the PadHook option and then in game press Z + R + Start. You can also press Z + R + B + DPad down to turn it off completely with that option.

That clears things up, thanks a lot. I really do hope Dios Mios will get better at resets.

Bosby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maxternal said:
Which games are we talking about here? Just curious.

Super Smash Bros. Melee. Everything works until it freezes trying to load the match. I know it's not my disc or corrupted memory or anything because it works in other Wiia. I'll just keep two copies of my mios I guess, thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning