• Views 511,852
  • Replies 3,809
  • Likes 6

Kailem

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't played my wii in a while, and noticed yesterday that some games on my HDD, notably Harvest Moon: Animal Parade and Harvest Moon: Magical Melody (Wii) would only produce a black screen. My TV said "no signal." I'm not sure what the issue is. I updated USB Loader GX, but with no luck. My HDD is wbfs format, and I thought maybe I should take all the backups off, reformat the HDD as FAT32, and put the backups back on. Is that easy? Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks!

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I haven't played my wii in a while, and noticed yesterday that some games on my HDD, notably Harvest Moon: Animal Parade and Harvest Moon: Magical Melody (Wii) would only produce a black screen. My TV said "no signal." I'm not sure what the issue is. I updated USB Loader GX, but with no luck. My HDD is wbfs format, and I thought maybe I should take all the backups off, reformat the HDD as FAT32, and put the backups back on. Is that easy? Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks!
That's probably because the games are out of region (PAL game on a NTSC screen or visa versa) There should be on option to force NTSC for those games and hope they'd work. Also, depending on how long "a while" is, if that doesn't work it might be because video mode forcing on the cIOS you're using is older and in that case I'd recommend updating it to D2X.

Kailem

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's probably because the games are out of region (PAL game on a NTSC screen or visa versa) There should be on option to force NTSC for those games and hope they'd work. Also, depending on how long "a while" is, if that doesn't work it might be because video mode forcing on the cIOS you're using is older and in that case I'd recommend updating it to D2X.

Thanks for the quick response! I have tried forcing to my native region, and I've tried the vid patch, with no luck. I thought I had also installed the dx2 cios. I believe I installed it into slot 249, but it wouldn't work when I tried to install it into slot 250. Any suggestions?

Edit: I should have mentioned this, but the games are ntsc format, and so is my console and tv.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Thanks for the quick response! I have tried forcing to my native region, and I've tried the vid patch, with no luck. I thought I had also installed the dx2 cios. I believe I installed it into slot 249, but it wouldn't work when I tried to install it into slot 250. Any suggestions?

Edit: I should have mentioned this, but the games are ntsc format, and so is my console and tv.
okay, that's wierd the only time I've seen that is when they AREN'T the same region and it's only doing a half hearted job of forcing the region. If they're all NTSC there SHOULDN'T be a problem but ... not sure what to tell you there.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
USBLoaderGX forwarder points to:

Device:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
Device:/apps/usbloadergx/boot.dol

Testing all devices from SD to USB's 8th partition

it does the same with the config file:
Device:/config/GXGlobal.cfg
Device:/apps/usbloader_gx/GXGlobal.cfg
Device:/apps/usbloadergx/GXGlobal.cfg

Best place is either:
SD or first USB partition, and both boot.dol and configs in /apps/usbloader_gx/

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
In USBloader GX, gamecube backups have been running fine, until now. I can't find any option in the menu to get the gamecube games to show up. Wii games DO show up though.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
In USBloader GX, gamecube backups have been running fine, until now. I can't find any option in the menu to get the gamecube games to show up. Wii games DO show up though.
"showing up" would probably be fixed telling it where they are in the custom paths section as well as checking the show all partitions box in the loader settings (if I remember right where it's located) otherwise I'm not sure what to tell you.

jameslieb1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes or no: can I play GCN ISOs on a softmodded Wii from a USB HDD? If so please directly me to a page that explains how. I own an NTSC Wii, and my USB HDD is already formatted to play Wii WBFS games from it. Thank you.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes or no: can I play GCN ISOs on a softmodded Wii from a USB HDD? If so please directly me to a page that explains how. I own an NTSC Wii, and my USB HDD is already formatted to play Wii WBFS games from it. Thank you.
Yes. You'll need to format your HDD to fat32 32k cluster. Google the complete softmod guide.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country

duckypwns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still having trouble getting gamecube games working. I downloaded and installed diosmios, I put my gamecube games in a "games" folder in the root of my USB drive, and I have USB loader GX set to list Wii and Gamecube games. I tried using both an ISO and a GCM just to make sure that wasn't the problem, but neither of them showed up. My hard drive is NTFS, active, and primary, and it has 7 Wii games on it, all of which work perfectly. I don't understand what the problem could be.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I'm still having trouble getting gamecube games working. I downloaded and installed diosmios, I put my gamecube games in a "games" folder in the root of my USB drive, and I have USB loader GX set to list Wii and Gamecube games. I tried using both an ISO and a GCM just to make sure that wasn't the problem, but neither of them showed up. My hard drive is NTFS, active, and primary, and it has 7 Wii games on it, all of which work perfectly. I don't understand what the problem could be.
The problem is that DiosMios ONLY supports FAT32 and FAT16 and even then if it's formatted with anything larger than 32k clusters it still won't work.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
So I'll have to use a different hard drive for Wii and GC games?
Either that or you'll have to back them up before formatting and then put them back or re-rip them afterwards. FAT32 works fine with Wii games, too. You can have Wii Backup Manager copy them over and it will cut out unused space in the disk images or split them into smaller files for you so they'll fit if they need to be over 4GB and your Wii will still be able to read them. Ripping them from the Wii with a backup loader will do the same thing, too.

marcioap1

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi everyone,
I have some noob questions to ask... It's about neek2o...
1 - Is it 100% brick safe? Any risk of my real nand getting corrupted?
2 - What happens if I turn off the wii while in emunand domain? When I turn it on will it be in the real nand or in the emunand?
3 - Is it possible to copy or delete game save files through system menu in emunand?
4 - Regarding speed is there any diference between black or white system menu?
Hope someone can answer me!
Thanks in advance!

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Hi everyone,
I have some noob questions to ask... It's about neek2o...
1 - Is it 100% brick safe? Any risk of my real nand getting corrupted?
2 - What happens if I turn off the wii while in emunand domain? When I turn it on will it be in the real nand or in the emunand?
3 - Is it possible to copy or delete game save files through system menu in emunand?
4 - Regarding speed is there any diference between black or white system menu?
Hope someone can answer me!
Thanks in advance!
1. Yes. No.
2. Real NAND.
3. Delete, yes. Copy, depends if your emuNAND is on SD or USB. I think it's blocked from SD.
4 - No.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It used to work, so it's probably a setting you changed inadvertently.

There are few places where you can select the game sources:

1. the Game origin (4th icon in the top menu) : Tick the GameCube checkbox
2. Select the correct folder : in settings > user's paths > GameCube Main path (should point on USB1/games/), GameCube SD path (Should point on SD/games/)
3. Select the Game sources (USB only / SD only / Both) : Settings > Loader Settings > GameCube Source : Auto. (Auto will prioritize the device according to the installed MIOS, if game is on both USB and SD, it will display the USB game if DM is installed, display SD one if DML is installed)

mr.juch

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi gbatemp, I letterbombed my wii yesterday and I have been trying to set up usb loader gx, actually I'm so new, I don't even know which is the best backup loader xD... Well I downloaded what I thought was the most commonly used backup loader and I have a wbfs of wii play but when I put it in the flash drive (wbfs prepared) and I tried to turn on the game it gets stuck in a black screen and my wiimote turns off. Does anyone know the solution? Thanks beforehand!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, 8-bit versions aren't as good as the arcade variants imo.