QUICK/NEWBIE QUESTIONS here!

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by OSW, May 17, 2009.

May 17, 2009

QUICK/NEWBIE QUESTIONS here! by OSW at 3:39 PM (229,554 Views / 1 Likes) 2,611 Comments

• Newcomer

zero2exe New Member

Message Count:
    Chile
    Ok noobish question: I'm trying to setup Wiiflow to run from the SD card, but after copying the file to "SD : apps/Wiiflow/*" whenever I try to load it through HBC it gets stuck loading at 10%.
    Alternatively I used USBloaderGX to get into HBC and run Wiiflow from there but this time a message pops out saying: "not enough memory".
    What am I doing wrong exactly?

Edit: NVM I figured it out after reading some more guides. Somehow one of the BOOT files was damaged so I had to replace it and everything went well.
    Last edited by zero2exe, Jan 2, 2013

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Message Count:
    Costa Rica
    You USED to only be able to run them off of a SD card with DiosMios Lite but that's now old information. You can now play them directly off of USB with DiosMios (No "lite") but you can only have one installed or the other
    more information on setting it up here :
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-p...s-from-sd-or-usb-using-dios-mios-lite.318585/
    the thread for general discussions about it here :
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/dios-mios-lite.329342/
    There's also another option to do it either off of USB or SD. It has it's pros and cons :
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/devolution-public-release.330554/

oliverbomb New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    How do you install games on the external harddrive, I formattted it in FAT32, 32kb. But do i just drag and drop the iso files?

Message Count:
    Costa Rica
    For Wii games, the easiest would be to use WiiBackupManager to "transfer" them, to the drive. It will put them in the right folder, name them correctly, trim them, and change any formats needed.

For gamecube games, you can just
    1. name the disk image "game.iso" (gcm files ARE the same as ISO files so just change the GCM to ISO)
    2. create a folder on your hard drive called "games"
    3. create a folder INSIDE that folder with whatever name you want (like the name of the game.)
    4. and then just drag and drop your disk image into that folder.

It should end up like
    USB: /games/mario-sunshine/games.iso
    (for example)

If you have a 2-disk game, just name the second disk image "disc2.iso" and drag and drop it in the same folder.
    • Newcomer

duckypwns New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    The download links and installation instructions of CFG USB loader are broken in the main thread.

I have the CFG USB installer on my SD card now, but it says I need CIOS 248 to install it. (there are a few other CIOS options as well). Can someone remind me how to change CIOS? I haven't had to do this in a while.
    Last edited by duckypwns, Jan 6, 2013

Chary GO FORTH, MY SHINIES~

Message Count:
    United States
    Whenever I play a GameCube game, everything goes fine, up until certain points in each game. Most of the games I have played, start out fine, but then the music stops. Is there any way to fix this?
    Last edited by Chary, Jan 6, 2013
    • Global Moderator

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Message Count:
    France
    How do you play GameCube games?
    From the original disc launched by the system menu?
    using a modchip?
    using a burned disc with cMIOS?
    Using DIOS MIOS?
    Using Devolution?

If you are using a HDD, it's certainly because it went to sleep due to inactivity (some HDD are sleeping after few seconds of inactivity, other after few minutes, and other do not sleep at all)

Maybe you are playing games with audio streaming, and audio is not compatible with all setup (you need the real disc, a compatible modchip, or devolution)
    Chary likes this.
    • Newcomer

fwb New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Is there a way to load games off a network drive yet?

PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Message Count:
    Germany
    iicr wode has a network addon

but pure softmods can't load forn network
    might be possible to do it via some android device
    • Newcomer

ReBirFh New Member

Message Count:
    Brazil
    Help please, everything was working alright with configurable usb loader (v0.70b4) them the idiot here decided to mess in the cfg system settings (changed the default partition to load so it wouldnt ask me everytime I started cfg) and did a update to v0.70-mod-r15 and after that my usb hd isnt being recognized by cgg, I tried to recover the dol and tried to do a reisntall of cfg but nothing seems to make my hd being recognized ...... I'm sad :(
    • Newcomer

Orestis_G New Member

Message Count:
    Greece
    OK, a quick one:
    I have a rather old WII, hardmoded with Wiikey2 and softmodded (Hackmii, HBC, etc.). It currently runs ver 4.2E. I have some DVD-R, mostly Taiyo Yuden and a few TDKs. I remember that they all worked OK using disc channel (I don't remember what the system menu version was, back then, though). Now it only plays the Taiyo Yuden discs and when I insert the TDKs the screen goes black and prompts me to press eject, shut down the Wii and consult the manual. The question is, is that a fault of the DVD, or have there been any changes at some point during system menu updates, which cause problems with specific media?

Chary GO FORTH, MY SHINIES~

Message Count:
    United States
    How dangerous are injected .wads? I hear they can mess up your system, but then I hear that they are fine to use. Could anyone clear this up?

Message Count:
    Costa Rica
    To my knowledge, the only real danger is that if the BANNER image isn't right then the system menu will crash when trying to read it (won't start A.K.A. bricked) but if you're not injecting a new COVER, just a new ROM ... or if you test it first in something safe like Neek or in some other banner viewer you should be fine.

OR, if you have BootMii as Boot2 or PriiLoader installed, you can always just make a NAND backup beforehand just in case. If the system menu won't start after you install them, just restore the backup.
    • Newcomer

Darkglobe1977 New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    Quick Question, I ripped some PAL Gamecube games to my NTSC Wii and have converted them and have all of them playing without a disk in the Wii except one, No matter what video settings I use it won't load without a Wii or Gamecube disk in the drive. What am I missing here?

I am using Dios Mios and have R1208_IOS249 files.

The Game in question is Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer, I checked the compatibility list and it's not listed
    so I guess it's more a case of Dios Mios needing a disk in for this title to play?
    Last edited by Darkglobe1977, Jan 14, 2013

Message Count:
    Costa Rica
    PAL vs NTSC is a little tricky with GameCube games. Changing the video settings doesn't do much if you're using Composite video cables (the yellow one). The developer, I understand, uses component cables (red, blue and green) and even though he added a great method of forcing the video mode in like v2.0 or v2.1, it stopped working in later versions (although it still works GREAT with component cables) and he didn't seem to notice.

If you have component cables you can turn on the progressive patch and it should make most PAL games work when set to NTSC. If you don't have those cables, some games will show an option in the beginning asking if you want to change to 60hz (PAL is normally 50hz. NTSC is 60hz) but you might not actually SEE that option if your TV isn't compatible. It should still pay attention to your controller, though, so pressing (A) once it gets to that option will make it suddenly work. What you can do on some games that don't show that option automatically is hold down the (B) button while it's loading. This will make the selection screen appear. THEN you can press (A) and get it to work. There are a few games (Twilight Princess comes to mind) where the selection comes up BUT the selection STARTS on the 50hz option so just pressing (A) will LEAVE it on 50hz. For those games you have to press left or right once to change the selection to 60hz and THEN press the (A) button. There are, unfortunately, some games that just don't give the 60hz option at all (Luigi's Mansion and Wario World come to mind.) and you won't be able to play them without either finding an older version of DiosMios somewhere or having a TV that supports 480p and component cables. Even with the older version of DiosMios where the normal video forcing worked, some games didn't work, though. (Wario World didn't.)

EDIT : Oh, and there's a little bug in the progressive patch in v2.5 and v2.6 that it will crash most games if you have the padhook turned on.
    Last edited by Maxternal, Jan 14, 2013

Yumi Yo Soy Bulleta!!!

Message Count:
    Mexico
    I have a newbie question!

OK, well then, a few days ago I had disconnected my Wii from the TV. (Because I was doing some super-cleaning around the house).
    //Before this, my Wii was able to go to Homebrew and load ...the Homebrew stuff (USB Loader GX mostly). the goods. I had access to my backups to play from my HDD//
    When I reconnected everything, I started the Wii and got the bootmii Start-Up menu. I then selected the Homebrew Channel.
    Once there I selected the USBGXLo'
    It loaded and had all my games loaded.
    I selected Capcom vs Tatsunoko.
    After awhile, the game stopped. Everything froze. My Wii motes would just blink when pressing on any button.
    So I manually shut off the Wii pressing the On button.
    Waited 10min.
    Started it up.
    But this time, it took a loooong time (2min).
    Then, like when you buy a fresh new Wii, it started up to naming your Wii and language select and all that stuff.
    After all that, my Wii menu showed up and obviously, the Homebrew Channel didn't work anymore.
    Curiously, I restarted my Wii, and the bootmii start-up menu popped up but HC doesn't work.

So, what happened? Do I/Can I add HC(and all the goodstuff) again? ;o

Message Count:
    Costa Rica
    I have NOOO idea how that happened. ... (kinda sounds like the "format" option in the system menu settings but I've never tried.)

Anyway, looks like you SOMEHOW have a virgin Wii again so I would say it's just as hackable as a virgin Wii.

Yumi Yo Soy Bulleta!!!

Message Count:
    Mexico
    A weird phenomenon occurred then?
    Well...that is odd.
    I guess i'll re-hack it again and see what happens.
    thank you for your input. ^_^

cacildo Went and came back

Message Count:
    Bahamas, The
    1) Can somebody point me to a nice USB Loader GX forwarder?
    Its the newest version, got it for dios mios

2) I read that one thing Dios Mios cant do "yet" is "streaming audio". That´s sad because i wanted to play Jedi Outcast and Star Fox Adventures.
    Will it be possible in the future?

3) What about the microphone? Think it will be possible someday?
    Last edited by cacildo, Jan 18, 2013

Message Count:
    Costa Rica
    cacildo likes this.

SPONSORED LINKS