Questions for If you are under 18, 30 or even 100 years old.

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Tried once, but dropped fast, anyways, i think the forum is trying to tell me something
Screenshot_2016-12-05-00-07-08.png
FYI: Isi, are the 3 first letters of my name, and everyone calls me like this... This is sooo fucking weird, LOL!!!

Last edited by Patxinco, , Reason: Too much typos, LOL
Reactions: Deleted User

EthanAddict

An investment to nothingness
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't know where to get started lol
taking a class in highschool, but thats the extent to which I know where to start..

There are many tuts online. You should start from Python or C as they feature powerful syntax, are easy to learn(C not so), and can use them for almost anything. You can also make 3ds homebrew with C.

EDIT: You can make homebrew for many consoles.

Last edited by EthanAddict,

vinipeix

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm trying to learn it actually

I know a thing or two of C and Java and I used to code things in Visual Basic and Delphi at school, but I don't have much time to practice these days

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are many tuts online. You should start from Python or C as they feature powerful syntax, are easy to learn(C not so), and can use them for almost anything. You can also make 3ds homebrew with C.
I took the only python class last semester and it was super fun, so I moved onto the next one, C++.
This one is also REALLY FUN. Sadly the only two left are Java1 and Java2 :/

i can understand what some things do in a program, but I just wouldn't know how to create one from scratch lol

EthanAddict

An investment to nothingness
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Antarctica
I took the only python class last semester and it was super fun, so I moved onto the next one, C++.
This one is also REALLY FUN. Sadly the only two left are Java1 and Java2 :/

i can understand what some things do in a program, but I just wouldn't know how to create one from scratch lol

Just put some funcs and see what they do, like trial and error.

It is very easy. Been doing this since I was 11 years old(after having basic knowledge of Python) and I have to tell that it went very good.

Last edited by EthanAddict,

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Need.

I can do some C++, Javascript, html, but I've mostly forgotten. All the apps i use are written already, and the few that aren't are out of my scop and would he for a long time. I do know some G-code as I'm getting into a machinist apprenticeship, but it's a bit archaic and is rendered mostly moot by working directly in Mastercam.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
If you want to trick yourself into learning how to code, try https://codecombat.com/
It's an RPG where you have to program your character to perform tasks and react to enemies and surroundings, in an actual programming language.
It covers basic and intermediate coding in Java, Python or Lua, also HTML, CSS and some web development basics, and you won't know you're doing it because you're playing a game.
It's a good place to start.

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I good with Lua and I'm alright with C and C#, but I honestly don't have the time to go any farther with it because of school stuff.

D

Deleted User

I good with Lua and I'm alright with C and C#, but I honestly don't have the time to go any farther with it because of school stuff.
Ah have you ever created anything with Lua? My friend used Lua but he used it for Roblox lol

unlitmoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pure laziness. I have dabbled in over a dozen programming and scripting languages over the years and could pick one and run with it to proficiency, but am just too damn lazy/unmotivated. I've been telling myself that I'm going to start using Python more to really learn it... and then I don't do it. :P

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At first it was laziness, now it's time. I actually am genuinely interested in learning how to code, but I have very little free time now because I'm doing dual enrollment in between college and high school.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM