Squall3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hey all,
I've been reading around the forum for a while now, and just now registered.
I'm thinking of buying a Wii U soon, and I have some questions regarding the softmod operation I'd be glad if I could get help with.

1. I know that the Wii U is region locked, but is the vWii locked as well for original Wii games?
2. As for the exploits themselves, is there a preferred one, or one that is more/less safe than the others?
3. Concerning the Bathaxx exploit, must I have a Wii controller and Nunchuk in order to play it and thus install the HBC?

Thanks in advance! =]

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Some answers:
1- As soon as you softmod vWii - you will have region free when using backup loaders - Crediar (a very well known wii/gc developer) has also stated that region free for wii u games will only be possible through softmod (note that announced devices to play backups (odes - wiikey and cobra ode U) none of them stated anything about region free.

2- No any of the exploits will work - they are safe. I myself perfomed the batthax on my Wii u on firmware 5.0.0 with no problems at all.
Just follow this tutorial and you will be fine (http://gbatemp.net/threads/full-vwii-softmod.339899/)

3 - Yes, in order to perform the bathaxx you will need to play the game (lego batman) at least once, and in order to play the game you must use nunchuck + wiimote.

Squall3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Thank you, mate!

Oh, and another one that slipped my mind earlier-
I've heard that if possible, it is better to keep the Wii U at 4.x version, in hope for any Wii U hack that may come. Should I get a 4.x console, how can I stop it from updating?
I saw something about blocking some addresses, is that it? And what are the disadvantages of not updating, is online multiplayer still available?

Thanks again for all who answers =]

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you, mate!

Oh, and another one that slipped my mind earlier-
I've heard that if possible, it is better to keep the Wii U at 4.x version, in hope for any Wii U hack that may come. Should I get a 4.x console, how can I stop it from updating?
I saw something about blocking some addresses, is that it? And what are the disadvantages of not updating, is online multiplayer still available?

Thanks again for all who answers =]

For now the exploit in wii u mode is only avaiable for Firmware 4.10. But there's a possibility of it being ported to 5.0.0.
Regarding blocking updates you just have to disable the connection on the setup menu and the sleep mode, which wii u uses to download updates while it is on stand by mode.

About blocking adress to avoid updating your wii u, here follow some posts that worth reading:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-homebrew-situation-and-faq.367627/

http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-browser-exploit-leaked-for-v4-10.367458/page-22

Hope it helps you clear some of your doubts.

Squall3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I see, thanks.
But what online features will a console have after not updating, and blocking off further updates like that, if any at all?

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I see, thanks.
But what online features will a console have after not updating, and blocking off further updates like that, if any at all?

** If you decide not to update you will be able to use a future homebrew channel for wii u when it comes true (allowing region free, usbloaders, howebrew, etc..) - but I think (not sure) you will not be able to access the e-shop, I don't know if you will be able to play online with mario kart 8 for example...

At the moment the exploit only works on firmware 4.1.0

*** If you update you will have your console up-to-date enjoying all the online features and with the next update nintendo can block the exploit and no one know when/or if, a new exploit will be available, I mean no homebrew, hacks, etc....

That's your choice to update or not.

Reactions: Squall3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Thank you based Dinoh.