Homebrew Questions about the 5.5.2 hack and TCPGecko

Toggle_Ace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

As some of you may know, there's been an exploit on 5.5.2, and I had a question: How do you run TCPGecko on it?
It seems as if TCPGecko is not able to install.
To clarify, every YouTube tutorial has stated that this opens HBL. I've never done homebrew on Wii U before, and I was wondering how to run TCPGecko. I want to do Splatoon hacks (I'll be safe with them ;)), and they need TCPGecko. How do you use it on 5.5.2? I know this is a supernoob question, but is TCPGecko a homebrew application? If not, how do you use it on 5.5.2? Again, a supernoob question, but I have no idea, and no guide will tell me how to use it on 5.5.2.

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have Homebrew yet. I'm just curious where we're at with TCPGecko. I like to know what I'm doing before doing it when it comes to this kind of stuff.
If you are already on 5.5.2, then it's going to be pretty hard to get homebrew on your WiiU. 5.5.2 patched the web browser exploit that allowed us to launch Homebrew Launcher from the WiiU Internet Browser.

However, people are working on ways around that. Some one on this forum has posted a way around it, but it's still not working as good as the old exploit. Meaning the chances on it working on your WiiU, is pretty slim.

You came a little late to the party. lol. If you were still on 5.5.1, you could install homebrew in seconds without a problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    StatusN @ StatusN: hi, i need help with unbanning my 3ds, can somebody show me a link to a seed that still works...