Hacking Questions about SC DS One... Wii and others.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello guys (and gals
tongue.gif
)!

I've got a SuperCard miniSD and never had a problem with it (only PoR, but nevermind, I know why
tongue.gif
), but now it's time to get something new, because I'm a bit fed up with patching and not having icons in my menu
smile.gif

I have seen a lot of updates lately, and I'm thinking of getting a SDHC one.

Now let's get on to the real questions
smile.gif

1) Has someone with a Wii tried if DS-Wii compatibility works? Like in Pokémon Battle Revolution? There will be a lot of games in the near future (I hope
rofl2.gif
) supporting this feature, and so it's an important buying point, for me.

2) Does download play work flawlessly now? Not too much of importance, but it's a good thing to have
smile.gif

3) Has Moonshell been updated? I have read that they used 1.41... They're still using that?

4) If I'm correct, nowadays Super Mode is pretty useless, right?
unsure.gif

5) I think I'm getting a Kingmax microSD, because I've seen and tested a lot of cards in the days of the miniSD flashcards and they were the best, but I've never got a hold of a microSD, so I can't really be so sure of it anymore
smile.gif
Does someone have them?

Hmm, that's all I think. If something comes to my mind, I'll ask later
laugh.gif

Thanks in advance
wink.gif

Reactions: olec04

PanzerWF

Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
1) At the moment, I don't think it is possible. I'm not a firsthand source, this is just what I have heard.

2) As long as you tick the Download Play box when you're enabling the patch.

3) Yeah, still old Moonshell.

4) Dunno about that. I think Super Mode is for Realtime Guide or something.

5) I think there's a wiki page on it around here. Try searching the wiki.

Good luck with making your decision =)

EvanCross

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1) I also don't know... but I will find out soon (I'm getting a Wii!)

2)Just ticking the download play button will not let it work (Some games are protected [Mario 64 DS, Mario Kart]) HOWEVER, you can use the Card to flash any DS you want to Download Play with.

3)Yeah... old Moonshell

4) SuperMode is... freaking awesome!!!! You can activate cheats, like with AR, then turn them on/off IN GAME! Also, you can save a Guide to your SD card and bring it up during gameplay!!! (I did that with YuGiOh 2007 and it helped me get all the card numbers... so it's pretty cool) So SuperMode is TOTALLY worth it!

5) I use that SD Card... it works perfectly!

Your welcome... if I helped at all...

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
2)Just ticking the download play button will not let it work (Some games are protected [Mario 64 DS, Mario Kart]) HOWEVER, you can use the Card to flash any DS you want to Download Play with.
wtf, DL play should be perfect, i think you are misinformed.

4. it isn't really called "super mode" any more. all patching options are triggered before booting games in the menu such as cheats, guides, download play, direct to sd save. they are useful options that you should configure to ur preferences.

raulpica

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks guys!
biggrin.gif

I don't think I should worry too much with the old Moonshell right? What incredible and must-have features could they have added in 1.71?
rofl2.gif

But I'm a little worried about Wii connectivity... Now that Pokémon Battle Revolution is out, I would like to try it
unsure.gif
I haven't played Diamond because on my SC miniSD it was a bit slow (I think
ph34r.gif
) and I was also waiting for PBR...

I still think of getting a SC DS One, but this thing on the Wii connectivity really worries me
unsure.gif

Let's hope someone will try it and post his/her results here
smile.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
new moonshell plays DPG3 version of DPG, and has a few improvements.

SC one moonshell only plays DPG1/DPG2(?)

DPG3 is better with faster seek i believe. If you want to use DPG1/2 you have to get the right encoding program (Older version of dpgtools or batchdpg).

i recommend chucking the new moonshell on your cart if you get a supercard one. it's worth it.

it is hoped they upgrade the menu soon!

NonStopInTheMix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there! i have a supercard ds one v1.0 so meh maybe i can help..

1) no compatibility with pokemon battle revoluntion yet
2) in the patcher menu of the supercard just check off "fix download play" and it should work flawlessly.
3) old moonshell but meh converting movies took so long that i gave up using my supercard as a media player
4) the cheat menu is now implemnted where u set up cheats and patching and stuff.. much easier than before

5) OMG PLEASE!!! DO NOT BUY KINGMAX T_T I had one of those cheap memory cards by that brand.. they were slow to transfer games on and also the card was called "too slow" by the supercard ds one. (though it was still usable, it was just really slow =\) i decided to buy a 2gb Kingston japan microsd instead =)

raulpica

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hmm, I hope they add Wii compatibility soon
unsure.gif

Yeah, same as me. Too much time to convert, a standard anime episode needs 40 minutes... Waaaay too much
smile.gif

As for Kingmax, I have one of them right now into my SC miniSD, and I've tested A LOT of miniSDs... Kingston, Transcend, Sandisk (the WORSE of them all) and Kingmax... Kingmax had the higher transfer speeds
smile.gif

If I remember correctly, my Kingmax was faster than a Kingston Japan miniSD, so I think that you just got a cheap rebranded one
tongue.gif

Transferring 120mb it's a matter of seconds
smile.gif
I've also asked my favourite reseller what was the faster memory he had, and he answered Kingmax.

Strange
unsure.gif
We should do some speed tests
smile.gif

Thanks for all your answers
smile.gif

biz387

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As for Kingmax, I have one of them right now into my SC miniSD, and I've tested A LOT of miniSDs... Kingston, Transcend, Sandisk (the WORSE of them all) and Kingmax... Kingmax had the higher transfer speeds
smile.gif

If I remember correctly, my Kingmax was faster than a Kingston Japan miniSD, so I think that you just got a cheap rebranded one
tongue.gif

smile.gif
I've also asked my favourite reseller what was the faster memory he had, and he answered Kingmax.

The sc one uses micro sd not mini sd

NonStopInTheMix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
smile.gif

tongue.gif

smile.gif

hmms well then i guess its possible that the minisd got labelled wrong or went to some kickass factory XD
but biz387 is right... the supercard ds one uses microSD and so far ive heard nobody say that the kingmax microsd was faster than a kingston one.

raulpica

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was talking about tests with various miniSDs on my SC miniSD, weren't you reading?
unsure.gif

Strange, my miniSD is a lot faster than Kingston ones... I think I've got a kick-ass factory
biggrin.gif

Thanks guys for the answers
smile.gif

EDIT:

Made tests with HD Tach... average 10mb/s and 1.1ms for random access.
Seeing on the Wiki, a lot of Kingston microSDs 1GB made in Japan have the same speed (or even less) as my Kingmax miniSD.

Not bad
smile.gif

NonStopInTheMix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
congrats =D

well then if you ever do make that migration to the supercard ds one, try going for kingston =P but if your supercard minisd still works fine then meh i wouldnt ditch it just yet. I love the supercard team because they never leave behind their older models. although my supercard lite is just lying around now since i got the dsone, its nice to know its still "usable" =D

raulpica

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
congrats =D

well then if you ever do make that migration to the supercard ds one, try going for kingston =P but if your supercard minisd still works fine then meh i wouldnt ditch it just yet. I love the supercard team because they never leave behind their older models. although my supercard lite is just lying around now since i got the dsone, its nice to know its still "usable"Â =D
Tnx
biggrin.gif

Yeah, that's true. But I want something newer and Slot-1 for my DSLite
biggrin.gif
Also, my miniSD one would remain in my DS Phat
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I bet you don't pirate game either