THCsGameChannel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So i bought a used PS3 with cfw.
The seller told me that the cfw is Habib 4.70 and mmCM 4.76.

How can i find out on which CFW i really am? Should i update it because there is some better cfw?

Heavy Rain was included as a disc and on a HDD but it is not detected by mmCM. I can only start it with the file manager -> eboot. How can i fix this? Its just the game folder and not an ISO.

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Habib and Rogero are the 2 main ones. Habib can wirelessly sync multiple controllers for the PS2 emu. Rogero (not the Lite versions) can give you DEX abilities like Fake Save Data Owner, the main objective is being able to copy from one PS3 user to another user (on the same system).

You can usually see what you're running if you go to System Information in System Settings.

In mmCM, go to your disc under Game, hit triangle, Make ISO. and remove the disc. The iso should be playable under game without the disc inserted. This is separate from your eboot which acts as just another PSN game; I don't know if the save data is transferable between the two.

Last edited by zfreeman,

THCsGameChannel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Habib and Rogero are the 2 main ones. Habib can wirelessly sync multiple controllers for the PS2 emu. Rogero (not the Lite versions) can give you DEX abilities like Fake Save Data Owner, the main objective is being able to copy from one PS3 user to another user (on the same system).

You can usually see what you're running if you go to System Information in System Settings.

In mmCM, go to your disc under Game, hit triangle, Make ISO. and remove the disc. The iso should be playable under game without the disc inserted. This is separate from your eboot which acts as just another PSN game; I don't know if the save data is transferable between the two.
Can i convert the game folder on the HDD into an iso? and what if its over 4gb?

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSN Liberator is a program that converts to PS3 isos. Your HDD is NTFS-formatted, so it's not hindered by the 4gb limit like FAT32.

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should i install a new cfw if I dont know which cfw is on the PS3 and want to upgrade the HDD?
You can usually see what you're running if you go to System Information in System Settings. Habib or Rogero are the two major players. It depends on what you want, they each have certain abilities.

How would you transfer 4gb+ isos?
Format a USB drive to NTFS or you can transfer it through an ethernet cable. I personally use BlackBox FTP 1.2 on the PS3 and FlashFXP on PC for that, but there's probably something better out there by now.

THCsGameChannel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This is what i got in the System Settings:

mmCM Version: 04.76.00
PS3 System: Firmware 4.70 [SC-35 | PL3]
Firmware Mode COBRA 7.10 compatible

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a standard Habib CFW. If you want to update to another CFW, use the QA flag tool before doing so. It might be built into the CFW or it might be a separate .pkg, I forget.

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends on what you want. Rebug has dual firmware. It allows you to use a standard CEX firmware that can be converted, with the toolbox, to DEX, a PS3 Test or dev system. It has real time modding, but I don't have a use for it as I'm not a dev. I mainly have Rebug for the fake save data owner that allows you to use any save even protected ones from a game or another profile from your system. The most recent version is a Lite version, meaning it doesn't have these features.
For Habib, there's 4.75 Habib v0.4 w/ Cobra 7.1, known to be a stable build as well, but I don't know the differences between this and Rebug.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Format a USB drive to NTFS or you can transfer it through an ethernet cable. I personally use BlackBox FTP 1.2 on the PS3 and FlashFXP on PC for that, but there's probably something better out there by now.

Isnt the PS3 hdd formatted to Fat/Fat32?

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
I used to run rogero on my PS3's, but i grew very tired of the PS3's complex saving system making it impossible to use 100% saves downloaded of the internet.

Thats why i use Rebug these days, the "Fake save data owner" option was sent down from the heavens to the mortal world by the lord himself.

Reactions: zfreeman

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
why update habib 4.70?

SMhabib quit the scene for a while, when he left he quickly released the 4.75 without cobra.

Am i missing something that's better about this 4.75 release?

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why update habib 4.70?

SMhabib quit the scene for a while, when he left he quickly released the 4.75 without cobra.

Am i missing something that's better about this 4.75 release?
Joonie: "those changes [Cobra 7.11] are already implemented in this cobra build, he just wanted to change the version number from 7.10 to 7.11, he still has no pc access due to his vacation, however he will release "HIS" final when he comes home.

Afaik he will be back sometime in next month [August]"

http://www.psx-place.com/ps3-news/2...v710-beta-version-04.html#jP2tK4iCLcPswkfc.99

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1