Hardware Questions about Homebrew and System Transfer Software

Mercenaryx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I got my (8Gb) WiiU the other night and I from what I've explored about it I like it a lot and I plan to purchase a lot of software for it in the future. (I had the homebrew channel with a lot of 10+ year old games on its emulators, as well as a crap ton of legal hard copy games and downloaded legal titles.) It may seem like the questions I'm about to ask could have been answered a hundred times already but I've done a bunch of google searches already and I've only learned bare minimum answers to my questions, and my setup is unique in that I plan to keep my wii, and have multiple tv sets in the same room ect. So please try to bare with me as I get through these as quickly and clearly as possible.

Note: My Wii was softmodded using the letterbomb method, and I've fine tuned it using the Priiloader to block updates and various apps (including hackMii generated stuff) to update the IOSs' as far as they can be updated without hindering the Homebrew stuff.

Note 2: From what I understand the Homebrew channel will be left alone in the data transfer, and untouched on my wii, this is fine by me as I was planning on using the WiiU-Wii menu hack to install a new Homebrew channel on the WiiU so that I can have its many benefits on both consoles. If this is wrong, please let me know.

1. I have several legal WW/VC games on my wii (and a few on an SD card as extra storage because my wii ran out of storage space) The one I'm most concerned about is Dungeon Explorer, which I have come to learn will not be fully compatible on the WiiU with its inability to use gamecube controllers. It is due to this reason that I would prefer to exempt that Legally Downloaded title from being transferred to the WiiU if at all possible. My question is, is there a way to prevent Dungeon Explorer and/or other software from being transferred? (perhaps move it to a separate SD card before using the transfer software)

2. Because I fully intend on using both systems going forward for various purposes, my ideal plan is to COPY all the save files for my games to the WiiU but leave a copy of each on my Wii as well so that I have a (for instance) fully completed Super Smash Brothers Brawl save file on both consoles in separate rooms of my house. Is it possible to copy all this save data (including non copyable files such as brawl {perhaps by using a homebrew app}) to perhaps another SD card for safe keeping before using the transfer software to move the original copies over to the WiiU?

3. Will this transfer software transfer all the custom Forwarder WADS i have for the various emulators, to the WiiU?

4. Has there been any reports of WiiU bricking from using the smash brothers hack? Are there any foreseeable risks or dangers in hacking the WiiU this early in the game? And is there a chance we could be seeing a WiiU menu based homebrew so that we can use the gamepads screen to use it?

Mercenaryx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh come now surely theres a way to at least copy all the save data to an external source for backup before transferring it to the wiiu...

I find it hard to believe that NOBODY has come up with a way to save some of the legal stuff before transfer...

Mercenaryx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So by doing this nand backup and restore, what will it do for me... will it retain all my save files AND my legal games? Or just one/other.... and what did you mean by that final note? Did you mean that if i click on the shop channel all the existing channels on the system will be wiped?

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
So by doing this nand backup and restore, what will it do for me... will it retain all my save files AND my legal games? Or just one/other.... and what did you mean by that final note? Did you mean that if i click on the shop channel all the existing channels on the system will be wiped?

yes, it will keep everything you have on the wii before transfer

also besure to use bootmii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1