• I don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.

dAVID_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So, i got YSMenu on my R4 Gold Pro (came inside a Dual Core box), but, i have to boot YSmenu.nds every time, does the time-bomb kernel prevent me from booting it? (i know it's probably a time bomb kernel bc it's a ''2017 Edition'' which means it'll stop working in 2018).

Sonic0509

Sometimes I'm Maryushi3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The time-bomb kernel would tell you to replace the card even before you'd see the GUI. However, you can replace the R4.dat file with YSmenu.nds almost directly by hex-editing it. This way you'll never encounter such problem :)
Instructions how you can do it yourself are here, and in this post someone uploaded an already edited file.

dAVID_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The time-bomb kernel would tell you to replace the card even before you'd see the GUI. However, you can replace the R4.dat file with YSmenu.nds almost directly by hex-editing it. This way you'll never encounter such problem :)
Instructions how you can do it yourself are here, and in this post someone uploaded an already edited file.
Thank you, kind sir.

D

Deleted User

The only thing about YSmenu is if you are running dsiware enhanced games such as pokemon black/white,they have freeze glitches and save bugs.What you should do is have YSmenu set as your primary on the .dat file and run your regular roms through that,but set the date back and run your stock kernel as a .nds file so you can still run the dsiware enhanced games.

D

Deleted User

Well, i copied the R4.dat and YSMenu loaded as my primary kernel. You mean the console's date?
Yes but only when you need to play a dsiware enhanced game.Thats the only reason you will want to still boot into your stock kernel as a .nds file.All other roms that don't use dsiware have no issues running off ysmenu so if you don't want to play a dsiware enhanced game you can simply keep the date on your console normal.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse