Hacking [QUESTION] What's the chance of creating a DSiWare Downgrading Online Service?

kurocygnus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello.
I was thinking about this today. I never did a System Transfer, so I don't know how exactly this works. But there's any chance to create a online service who can use the exploit to downgrade another system?
Someone can say something like "If there was a way, someone would made this", but I never saw anything about this here, on "that iso site" or the 3d shacks subreddit. Of course is hard to do this, but I don't think that's impossible.
What you think about the possibilities?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Hello.
I was thinking about this today. I never did a System Transfer, so I don't know how exactly this works. But there's any chance to create a online service who can use the exploit to downgrade another system?
Someone can say something like "If there was a way, someone would made this", but I never saw anything about this here, on "that iso site" or the 3d shacks subreddit. Of course is hard to do this, but I don't think that's impossible.
What you think about the possibilities?
lol, this presents a ton of logistical and technical troubles. A better idea is just wait for the single system method.

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. You can't system transfer from PC to 3ds. You don't have a legit copy of fieldrunners. As far as I know, you don't have a way to hack a fieldrunners save on PC. It's just not possible.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
don't update to 11.2 firm as the nfirm was updated, stay on ideally 11.0/11.1 for the arm11 kernel sploit which is currently private but maybe released.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is a 3DS homebrew application for installing DSiWare savedata exploits, for DSiWare titles which you already have installed. This is intended as a .3dsx which requires access to SVCs which are normally not accessible(arm11kernelhax/whatever required).

When there's any input savefiles on SD where the DSiWare doesn't use those savefiles, AMPXI will be used to write those files to NAND with the *.new filenames. This involves svcBackdoor. After doing so, a hw-reboot will be enabled when exiting the app. This is intended for DSiWare exploit(s) which load from *.new filename(s) due to not enough space in the main savedata.

Eventually a release-archive containing the app + the required DSiWare exploits should be released.

SD layout
This section can be ignored if you just want to install dsiwarehax with the release-archive.

The input size for the *.sav files must be <=0x100000.

The input data for DSiWare is located under the "dsiware/" directory where the .3dsx runs from. Then under this directory there's directories for each title using the titleID-low, for example: "4B464445". Under each title directory is the actual input data:

• "info": Required, the directory won't be detected on SD otherwise. Contains the display-text for this entry, normally the exploit name. This shouldn't contain any newlines(any text following newlines won't be displayed).
  • "public.sav": Required, the actual savedata image.
  • "banner.sav" Optional data to use for banner.sav instead of what's used during import, if the DSiWare uses it.
  • "private.sav" Optional data to use for private.sav instead of what's used during import, if the DSiWare uses it.
  • "public_original.sav" Output file written during installation, contains the original data for public.sav that would have been written to NAND during import.
  • "banner_original.sav" Same as above except for banner.sav.
  • "private_original.sav" Same as above except for private.sav.
Source: https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_dsiwarehax_installer

kurocygnus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No. You can't system transfer from PC to 3ds. You don't have a legit copy of fieldrunners. As far as I know, you don't have a way to hack a fieldrunners save on PC. It's just not possible.
Would not be possible the creation of something like a "stream" from the 3DS? Not exactly from the PC.

don't update to 11.2 firm as the nfirm was updated, stay on ideally 11.0/11.1 for the arm11 kernel sploit which is currently private but maybe released.
Yeah, I read about that. I am on 11.1, I got Fieldrunners yesterday to wait for the release.

JCCG1989

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Would not be possible the creation of something like a "stream" from the 3DS? Not exactly from the PC.

Yeah, I read about that. I am on 11.1, I got Fieldrunners yesterday to wait for the release.

Thats why you need to read more before having "an idea". I could say "why don't you just do an auto-downgrader" but because i took the time to read and learn something from dev notes and posts (unlike kiddos only seeking for piracy) I know why its unpractical and non.convenient. What you're proposing involves inhumane amount of resources, time and access to devices people still has no idea how.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i was speaking to someone a few years back who was trying to make a 3DS network tunneling app in linux, we managed to "see" each other on pokemon but the connection was dropped when we tried to initiate a battle or trade due to the 3DS shifting wireless channels a lot and not being able to keep up with the shifts i believe he eventually gave up on it as it was proving too difficult to work out the issues......as a concept its kinda feasible, but by all accounts its a pain in the ass and with the 1 console exploit thing coming out soon it would be pretty much redundant (well except for the novelty of playing local multiplayer over the internet, but it may be possible that the 3DS has ping limits on local system link similar to what the 360 had)

Last edited by gamesquest1,

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
[EDIT]It seems yellows8 is working on something, :) [/EDIT]

The system tranfers Works through Nintendo Servers and You'll always need 2 consoles.
Both consoles HAVE to contact them (Nintendo Servers), register their type and serial number, be recognized as possible to be transfered (no 7 days limit or no N3DS to O3DS/2DS for eg.) and then, be authorized.
After that, both consoles enter "Local Mode" since they're connected to the same LAN, (impossible on different LANs) and the system tranfer can then proceed.

It is doable with a huge amount of hacking/spoofing. Although all of this would probably "break" most of the Nintendo apps on the console (thinking about the merge of NNIDs, Friends codes, Serial Numbers, and whatever...) because Nintendo Servers would never know that those consoles HAD a system tranfer between them.

Nonetheless, some skilled hacker/dev might find a solution (just wondering/wishing).

kurocygnus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
[EDIT]It seems yellows8 is working on something, :) [/EDIT]

The system tranfers Works through Nintendo Servers and You'll always need 2 consoles.
Both consoles HAVE to contact them (Nintendo Servers), register their type and serial number, be recognized as possible to be transfered (no 7 days limit or no N3DS to O3DS/2DS for eg.) and then, be authorized.
After that, both consoles enter "Local Mode" since they're connected to the same LAN, (impossible on different LANs) and the system tranfer can then proceed.

It is doable with a huge amount of hacking/spoofing. Although all of this would probably "break" most of the Nintendo apps on the console (thinking about the merge of NNIDs, Friends codes, Serial Numbers, and whatever...) because Nintendo Servers would never know that those consoles HAD a system tranfer between them.

Nonetheless, some skilled hacker/dev might find a solution (just wondering/wishing).

Thanks for the explanation! That's what I was looking for. And about using a software to make a virtual LAN and connect both 3DS to do the system transfer by distance?

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks for the explanation! That's what I was looking for. And about using a software to make a virtual LAN and connect both 3DS to do the system transfer by distance?
They have to be "Local" (you'll see this info on the Top screen, Top Left corner where it usually says "Internet" or "Streetpass") which I'm assuming it has to be the same router. Don't know much about VPN to say if it will work but it's one of those things that if it were possible, someone would already have said it.

If you have the chance, try it and say if it Works or not, ;)

kurocygnus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
They have to be "Local" (you'll see this info on the Top screen, Top Left corner where it usually says "Internet" or "Streetpass") which I'm assuming it has to be the same router. Don't know much about VPN to say if it will work but it's one of those things that if it were possible, someone would already have said it.

If you have the chance, try it and say if it Works or not, ;)

I'm searching this now. Maybe it's because it's a simple thing, that no one really stopped to think about. But I don't have another person to ask to try the connection.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
the local connection is more like a adhoc connection, as i mentioned in my last post someone did try making a tunneling app but from what they said the 3DS does not use standard adhoc style wifi and frequently shifts between wifi channels which will cause the tunnel to mess up

feel free to have a go but from what he said you will need to make custom tools as the normal wifi tunneling apps do not take into consideration how the 3DS handles the local wifi connections

trinhno

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The system transfer is not only local, it has to validate with 3 Nintendo Servers before doing so (SOAP, NNID, eShop).
You will need to hack into both system to see what kind of requests are sent and replies received (NTR debugger or the like). Then you need to replicate those functions using a local or online server by redirecting the IP traffic (you can probably do that by changing DNS, I'm not really sure). Of course you'd have to write this yourself as well. Also I guess they'll all be encrypted so that another layer of difficulty.

Also as @gamesquest1 pointed out, the local connection is adhoc connection, no router actually required between the 2 systems, which will shift channel frequently to prevent hacking (this is normally used by Bluetooth, not WiFi) so you might still need a second system for a local transfer part.

All in all, a fearsome process which requires effort that simply is just better spent finding new exploit or make current exploit work better. Remember you only recently need to do system transfer when firmware 11 was released.

But if that has not deterred you, I'd refer you to the work of Yifan Lu, a prominent reverse engineer and hacker in the 3DS scene. He has done some excellent reverse engineer of CARDBOARD ("system transfer"). Though not completely fooled the Nintendo servers, he partially transferred an America NNID to a Japanese system.
http://yifan.lu/2015/04/22/opening-up-cardboard-crafting-an-american-new-3ds-non-xl/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey