Hacking (QUESTION) What technique should I use?

Androoski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember the early days of Wii U hacking when there was only one simple way of installing games. I came back to this forum to see if there were new developments, and there was a lot. I have 2 questions currently. 1) What technique out of the many should I use to install big games onto a 1T HDD? 2) How can I install and use gecko codes on games? I currently have a 1t HDD. a y-cable to power it, and a 8 GB sd card. Is it even possible to do these 2 things with what I have? Thanks.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read the flow chart at the start of my guide. In my sig and stickied too.

Short answer, WUP Installer method will work for you.

You don't need a CFW unless you're going to install unsigned DLC or VC injects or custom homebrew channels.

Last edited by Kafluke,

Androoski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read the flow chart at the start of my guide. In my sig and stickied too.

Short answer, WUP Installer method will work for you.

You don't need a CFW unless you're going to install unsigned DLC or VC injects or custom homebrew channels.
And this will all work with the hardware I own?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u do have one option. there's a tutorial on temp (should be easy to find) to install games using a small card. what u have to do is install an update, which should be smaller, first. then, ftp the game over. I've never personally tried it though. this will overwrite the update as well, so u'll have to install it a second time after ftp.

Androoski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u do have one option. there's a tutorial on temp (should be easy to find) to install games using a small card. what u have to do is install an update, which should be smaller, first. then, ftp the game over. I've never personally tried it though. this will overwrite the update as well, so u'll have to install it a second time after ftp.
Do you have a link? I can't seem to find the tut

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would go and buy at least a 32GB SD Card, because you should backup your nand if you are going to install/run any CFW, and the Nand backup can be pretty big. And not to mention the Games can be pretty big too. And if you want to install more then one game at a time, an 8GB Card will make things much slower. With a bigger card you can just put a few Installable games in the SD Card, then install all of them at one time on your WiiU without having to transfer and install the games one by one from your SD Card.

And if you want to use DLC, you will also have to use CFW. And the DLC for some games can be pretty big too.

I bought a 64GB SD Card just for my WiiU, I bought mine on Amazon for about $20 I think.

And you have an External HDD, so you don't need to worry about filling up your internal WiiU storage. So a bigger SD Card would be perfect for you.

First, you need to plug your external HDD into your WiiU and let the console format the HDD so you can use it to install and play games on the WiiU.
But you still need your SD Card to install games and to run any homebrew. The games go on your SD Card in installable format, then you run WUP Installer from your SD Card to install those games, before it installs the game it asks you where you want to install the games, either NAND or USB. If you have a USB HDD already plugged in and formated for the WiiU, then you can choose the USB option. It will install the games you put on your SD Card to your USB HDD. Then you can play those games from the WiiU Main Menu.

However, to install and/or play DLC or any EShop games, you need to be running CFW. Even if you are installing a game that requires CFW to play it, you still need to be running CFW to install it. Same goes for any DLC, you MUST be running CFW to install or/and play the DLC.

If you want to install homebrew on your WiiU, I suggest you follow Kafluke's Noob guide, a link to his guide is in my Signature. And please make sure you read his entire guide before you even touch your WiiU, and please make sure you understand everything before you try to do anything on the console. If you are having trouble understanding something, please post your question on the forum, we will be happy to help you with what ever you need.

I rather you ask a ton of questions your not sure about, then brick your console because you didn't understand something. So ask as many questions as you need to, until you fully understand what your about to do to your console. But read the guide first. The guide should answer at least most of your questions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1