Hacking Question Regarding Private Headers ripped from Powersaves

samreich

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi I have tried to use the powersaves dongle to ripped my private header from Steel Diver and Pokemon Omega Ruby

Saved the unique ID in the blank header.bin

However when I tried to open it in SAK using the information extractor the details in the Chip ID shows FF FF FF FF for all 4 details. It happened for the both the Steel Diver and Pokemon OR headers

Did I do something wrong? Or was the unique ID i ripped from my cart NOT the private header?

Would really appreciate the help.

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It was only the uniqueID
I never looked to see if the chip info was copied into memory for the powersaves method, i think it would be a lot harder to find compared to a random string of characters

So, what people have been doing to get a chip manufacturer is using the sky3ds template
lookup the id of the gamecart you ripped, and use the chip info from it.
OR
they just try all three manufacturers until one of them allows them to play online successfully

samreich

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi LameNobody,

Im sorry but I dont really understand you. Can you please walk me through this?

Should I be generating a new template using SAK, and just changed the manufacturers info, update the template using diskwriter, and try to go online?

Also, does it mean that the unique ID does not display the chip ID in the .bin file? If so do I have to worry about that or do I have to try and find the Chip ID? (the game im currently using is Steel Diver to find the chip ID if i have to)

Sorry if im not making sense, this thing is driving me insane

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi