Hardware Question regarding DStwo

LeeHarveyOswald

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there. Recently bought a 3DSXL and am running firmware 4.5.0.10.

I'm looking to buy a flashcart that supports GBA and DS roms. Is there a DStwo card that is for sale that works with v4.5 out of the gate, or do I HAVE to update an older card on a different DS system? I don't have another DS so that's an issue :/

Also, for clarification, the DStwo card does support GBA and DS roms, correct?

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
You can ask to see if they will update your DSTWO at place of purchase, if not, you will have to update the cart yourself with a DS console that your DSTWO operates on.

There is a way you can update the DSTWO without another DS console, but that would be preferable as a last resort.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
1 - Yes, as long as the shop you buy it from updates carts before sending them out. The product page will note if they've been updated, and how far if they are.

2 - Yes. DS games will pretty much always run perfect from a flash cart (barring AP which can be patched out if needed) because they run natively. GBA games will not, since the 3DS lacks the proper hardware (and you can't naturally run GBA games from the DS slot anyways even on older DS units). Not all GBA games run, they run 90-95% speed (frameskip), etc. This is not an issue with the DSTwo itself (the DSTwo is the best you'll find), but an issue with how the GBA, DS, and 3DS work. The only way to play GBA games on a 3DS is with an emulator (since it lacks some GBA hardware), and the best (homebrew) emulator available is the DSTwo.

If you wanted GBA games, you should have gotten an older DS that still has a GBA-cart slot.

Edsonkye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
http://shoptemp.net/ includes websites where you could buy authentic flashcarts..
off the top of my head, Gamekool is a good choice, I noticed that they pre-load the firmware and games.
After we receive the card, no need to do any updating by ourselves.
BTW, DSTWO has powerful features, such as playing GBA games.

Theconejo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of the retailers will let you know if they are updated before sending out. I got one from nds-card.com and it came pretty fast and updated as advertised. Apparently even if it isn't the dstwo can update on any ds handheld since it has its own cpu. I thought that was another plus, even if it can be a little risky if you are impatient. Check it out!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse