Gaming Question on Taiko no Tatsujin: Don to Katsu no Jikuu Daibouken's home screen banner...

tiduscrying

that butt...
OP
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone. If this isn't the right place to post this, let me know... I have successfully downloaded, played and installed Taiko no Tatsujin: Don to Katsu no Jiiku Daibouken on both my O3DS and N3DSXL. The game runs normally, but I am concerned about the banner that shows up on the home screen. On my systems the banner shows Don and his friend with no logo specific to the game, which is kind of odd. Upon further research, it looks like the banner isn't displaying properly or something.

This is how the banner appears on both of my systems. It doesn't change with or without NTR, nor does it change based on different CFWs.
HNI_0007.JPG

And here is how I think it is supposed to look like.
2016-02-09 23_17_20-[Taiko no Tatsujin_ Great-Space Time Adventure] First Look - YouTube.png

Anybody else experience this? Maybe it is something that has to do with how the game was obtained or something, but no matter how many times I've downloaded it and installed it, the banner always looks the same. I've used different files to install the game as well, yielding the same results. I am fine with the banner looking like this, but I just want to make sure the game isn't corrupt or messed up or anything like that. The game does act weird when suspending/resuming and when going to the home screen; it will go to a black screen for a second before exiting. Don't know if that is related to the banner issue.

Any thoughts? Anyone with the official game who can confirm what the banner shows up as? Lemme know and thanks in advance!

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
some banners display based on your region/language settings
your 3ds is not in japanese
not a big problem

i guess decrypting the game and renaming the banner/adding one for all/your languages will fix this.
but, maybe not worth your time :)

Last edited by cearp,
Reactions: tiduscrying

tiduscrying

that butt...
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
some banners display based on your region/language settings
your 3ds is not in japanese
not a big problem

i guess decrypting the game and renaming the banner/adding one for all/your regions will fix this.
but, maybe not worth your time :)
Okay, so if it was launched on, say a Japanese emunand or something, the logo would appear differently? That makes sense (Hyrule Warriors Legends does this as well, I assume, since the logo changes based on the system language). And huh, that would be a bit complicated since this is purely a cosmetic thing, but maybe I'd do it just for the sake of experience...

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Okay, so if it was launched on, say a Japanese emunand or something, the logo would appear differently? That makes sense (Hyrule Warriors Legends does this as well, I assume, since the logo changes based on the system language). And huh, that would be a bit complicated since this is purely a cosmetic thing, but maybe I'd do it just for the sake of experience...
yeah well not an issue with every game, but it affects some
sure, jp system would display it right.

not too complicated, but if you have never decrypted anything or played with this stuff before, yeah there's stuff to learn.
but once you get set up i doubt fixing this little problem is hard

Last edited by cearp,

tiduscrying

that butt...
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
yeah well not an issue with every game, but it affects some
sure, jp system would display it right.

not too complicated, but if you have never decrypted anything or played with this stuff before, yeah there's stuff to learn.
but once you get set up i doubt fixing this little problem is hard
Hmm, well I decrypted and dumped all of the game files. I have found where the banner exists, however I don't know what to do next in order to make it display the normal "JPN_JP" banner on other out-of-region systems. There is a thread here discussing the same exact thing I am trying to do, but it seemed they hit a brick wall, too. I am unsure which file, exactly, I should be editing here. I've got the *.bcdml file open in EveryFileExplorer and that displays some info, however I don't think it is the information I need. The comment here says that a *.CBMD file is what I need to edit, too. So, now that I have everything (I think) I need, what next?

Thank you so much in advance for the advice, by the way. I wasn't aware that I'd be able to really do this in the first place! :D

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Hmm, well I decrypted and dumped all of the game files. I have found where the banner exists, however I don't know what to do next in order to make it display the normal "JPN_JP" banner on other out-of-region systems. There is a thread here discussing the same exact thing I am trying to do, but it seemed they hit a brick wall, too. I am unsure which file, exactly, I should be editing here. I've got the *.bcdml file open in EveryFileExplorer and that displays some info, however I don't think it is the information I need. The comment here says that a *.CBMD file is what I need to edit, too. So, now that I have everything (I think) I need, what next?

Thank you so much in advance for the advice, by the way. I wasn't aware that I'd be able to really do this in the first place! :D
why not copy the JPN_JP file and simple rename it, one for every language? :) i don't know the other filenames, but maybe it is as easy as that, and then repacking everything
i guess you could do it all without any tools like everyfileexplorer etc

KazuRo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey everyone. If this isn't the right place to post this, let me know... I have successfully downloaded, played and installed Taiko no Tatsujin: Don to Katsu no Jiiku Daibouken on both my O3DS and N3DSXL. The game runs normally, but I am concerned about the banner that shows up on the home screen. On my systems the banner shows Don and his friend with no logo specific to the game, which is kind of odd. Upon further research, it looks like the banner isn't displaying properly or something.

This is how the banner appears on both of my systems. It doesn't change with or without NTR, nor does it change based on different CFWs.
View attachment 38381

And here is how I think it is supposed to look like.
View attachment 38382

Anybody else experience this? Maybe it is something that has to do with how the game was obtained or something, but no matter how many times I've downloaded it and installed it, the banner always looks the same. I've used different files to install the game as well, yielding the same results. I am fine with the banner looking like this, but I just want to make sure the game isn't corrupt or messed up or anything like that. The game does act weird when suspending/resuming and when going to the home screen; it will go to a black screen for a second before exiting. Don't know if that is related to the banner issue.

Any thoughts? Anyone with the official game who can confirm what the banner shows up as? Lemme know and thanks in advance!
Mine look's the same but i have no problem with it it works fine.

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yea, same thing here, not a big deal though you can still play it normally and DLC works like a charm as well.

tiduscrying

that butt...
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it works just fine, this is just a cosmetic issue due to regional stuff. I am still trying to work on fixing the banner though. I am unsure what files I should or shouldn't be editing in order to display the japanese banner on all systems. I know it is a silly thing to work on, but the banner being janky hurts the perfectionist deep within me. I have read conflicting things in conflicting places, but here are the things I've got so far (in case this is helpful to anyone or anything).
  • I've extracted the entire CIA, I have the contents of all the folders and can see all the appropriate files.
  • I have icon.bin and banner.bin, but I am unsure if editing these files is what I need to do.
  • I have an extracted banner.bin that has two *.bcdml files in it. One is for the 3D model of Don and is marked as "COMMON" in the hex data for the file. This is what shows up on every system as the banner, so I am gonna take a wild guess and say that it being marked COMMON makes it the region-neutral banner.
  • The second bcdml is the japanese specific that is marked "JPN_JP" in the hex data. This only shows on Japanese systems...
  • My thought would be to copy the COMMON hex info into the second bcdml file, rebuild the banner and then rebuild the game. However, I don't know if this is all I need to do to get the banner to show up.
  • I am not sure if editing the icon.bin would do anything, as I am quite sure it is unrelated to the banner not being displayed. I know editing the icon.bin file is what lets CIAs be region-free though (or at least that is what I was told)
  • The hex information for the COMMON bcdml file has information referencing the images and models contained within it, so I would assume I can't just directly copy and paste the information from the JPN_JP bcdml since it, too, references different stuff. The COMMON bcdml file references all of the models and textures that make up don and his rabbit friend in the hex data. The other bcdml file only references the one image used as the logo.
So that's where I currently am. I am unsure what I should be using to edit data, but I have been exploring things with EveryFileExplorer. This at least shows me textures and models and stuff. But as far as editing or viewing the data stored in the bcdml file, I have just been using Notepad ++ to view the hexdata.

On a side note, dumping all of the contents of the game makes me really curious on translating the in-game menus, but I know next to nothing on where to start with that. It is all .anm and .txp files, so I would have no idea on where to start with editing them. But that is probably another project for another time ^_^

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i would do the same with a game like pokemon because i know it has different banners for different regions, and just try and do what pokemon does :)

i'm not sure how good notepad++ is as a hexeditor but get a nice free hexeditor, it should be much nicer especially since you seem to have made progress and enjoying it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s