Question of the Hour? What Should I stick with?

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't decide if I should use the emulators on PC or Android or both? any suggestions, pros and cons? any help would be awesome! been debating this for a while to now, I know PC emulators like SNES9X have been getting worked on for a while now but I also know Robert Brogila's (sorry if I spelt the last name wrong) emulators are essentially ports of the PC versions and get updated often!

So whats every ones opinion on this? :D

PC Specs:
Processor: Intel Pentium CPU P6200 2.13GHZ
RAM: DDR3 4GB Ram
Graphics: Intel Integrated I believe either 1GB or 2 not sure? (Grrrr, hate this intel crap lol)

Also I have a Nvidia Shield Portable and an LG G3 and a soft modded vwii with emulators on them but meh I'd still like to know whats better in every one else's eyes you know, I hope that info helps and again thanks for the input :)

Last edited by Centrix,

HaloEffect17

Hiya!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Both sides of the argument would have their personal preferences in regarding to pros and cons for running emulators on PC and Android. While running SNES games on Android are just as proficient as playing them on a PC, I prefer playing SNES games on the computer. More importantly, on the PC, you can at least use your keyboard or USB game controller to function as physical buttons, which in mind, is a huge plus. Playing fighting or heavy action SNES games that require lots of input for the buttons will be a chore to play on the phone (touch controls are not ideal) despite being able to play them on the go.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both sides of the argument would have their personal preferences in regarding to pros and cons for running emulators on PC and Android. While running SNES games on Android are just as proficient as playing them on a PC, I prefer playing SNES games on the computer. More importantly, on the PC, you can at least use your keyboard or USB game controller to function as physical buttons, which in mind, is a huge plus. Playing fighting or heavy action SNES games that require lots of input for the buttons will be a chore to play on the phone (touch controls are not ideal) despite being able to play them on the go.
You can easily tie a DS3's bluetooth to a phone. I've done it. Also, the OP has an Nvidia Shield. Buttons are built into it.

OP: If you wanted to emulate PS2 and/or PSP games, it might be possible, but with your PC's specs you most likely wouldn't be able to make it look amazing with 3x+ resolution, AA, and all that jazz. But, if all you wanna do is emulate consoles that were released decades ago, you'll have no problem running them on either Android or PC. It basically comes down to this: which would you rather be able to do? Play on a big screen or play on the go?

Reactions: HaloEffect17

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol VinsCool that's what I was thinking about doing with my Nvidia Shield Portable I was just wondering if there where any actual merits to using one over the other simply because the PC emulators seem to get a ton more attention and updates then the Android ones, >_> (eyes Mupen64 ++ for Android, grrrrr) I've been with the Emulator and home brew scene for along long time now but have never been able to come to terms with which I liked the most after Android popped up lol. I know that most of the big named emulators like Retroarch,Snes9x and Visualboy Advance-M have been ported along with ePSXe and the countless and useless port of the Mupen 64 code (Seriously guys enough with the ports to the same code sheesh lol, you wanna port something why not 1964 or PJ64 :D) My Nvidia Shield Portable seems to handle everything from the NES era on up to the PSP emulator and it runs them all very well minus a few hiccups on the emulators part!

Any hoot guess Im kinda ranting now lol, I know the Nvidia Shield Portable doesn't have enough processing power or ram to run Dolphin which blows but I have my vwii for that lol and I know the New Nvidia Android TV that just came out can run the Dolphin Emulator around the sun and back with out even batting an eye lol :D Any hoot thank you for your opinions guys its always welcomed, its helped me allot! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/yjrjY6PCb7o?si=xnFz0B2o_adIgLTV +1