Hacking [Question] MultiMan PKG support

EmceeKerser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been searching high and low for answers and I just cannot find one.

New to the ps3 stuff, currently on Habib CFW 4.75. Im running Multiman 4.75 and I need to know how you get pkg files to show up as installed games in multiman alongside my other games. Is Webman any better?

Also, side question, is Habib the best 4.75 CFW?

D

Deleted User

You don't really. You can get the covers to show up, but launching them from MM doesn't work. You can try converting PKG to ISO but it's fairly tedious with a pretty low compatibility rate.

As far as organizing, it's probably easier to just create a folder called PSN and just put each of the games in the folder - that way you don't need to launch MM just to run a PKG game that you can run from XMB.

Rebug just released their 4.75 Cobra FW today, excellent FW with all the bells and whistles you'd ever need.

For reference:

PSN Covers in MM: http://psx-scene.com/forums/f192/[t...show-multiman-plus-other-homebrew-apps-99869/
PSN->ISO: http://psx-scene.com/forums/f339/how-turn-psn-game-into-iso-disc-game-120180/

EmceeKerser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I actually realised this a few days ago. I misunderstood the purpose of MM, i thought it was similar to USBloader for Wii, but its not haha. As soon as I used it to mount a game I realised putting psn games in there was a waste of time.

Can I upgrade from Habib 4.75 to Rebug 4.75 Cobra without any issues? I heard you need to restore the file system and all that jazz, but I did it last night and it corrupted my drive.
Also, are COBRA Cfw just CFW with cobra features? Or do you need a Cobra ODE?

D

Deleted User

Nope. Just put your PUP on your stick and upgrade (disconnect from internet, unmount discs, and remove physical discs).

Regarding COBRA, it's CFW with Cobra Features (ISO loading, NTFS support, Plugins, etc...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free