Hacking [Question] Is there a homebrew that lets me back up digital games to SD?

havefeith

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The reason I ask is because I have someone in my household who uses the internet constantly. This may be a n00bish worry, but I'd rather not hog the limited internet download speed I have (with wireless, it comes out to around 600-800kbps), simply because I want to back up a game. Even then, I've seen no indication that DDD can back up digital games. I need to back up Tokyo Mirage Sessions to be able to apply the Reincarnation Patch, but I only have a digital version of said game. This leads me into my subject; Is there a homebrew that backs up Digital games to the SD card? I don't have to worry about space for a while, I have a 128 gig SDXC card in my Wii U at the moment. (Somehow, I got an extra 8 gigs with it; it's a Lexar microSD bought from Wish, works just fine. I had to use WiiUBru to make the damn thing work properly, though.)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You could copy the title's folder (the one with content/code/meta) using FTP or wupserver, (then [that java program to convert "loadiine" to "installable"] if you want the .app format, which isn't your goal but just for completeness) - of course the result won't be legit

While it's not as efficient, if your only objection to redownloading is speed, why not start it before you go to sleep and let it run through the night and/or work hours? :)

havefeith

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
While it's not as efficient, if your only objection to redownloading is speed, why not start it before you go to sleep and let it run through the night and/or work hours? :)

The reason is because that particular game took a full day to download, and my upload speed is only 120kbps. It would take a hell of a lot longer to put it on my computer, unless it doesn't access the internet to upload to my PC. But as I said, I'd rather see it going directly to SD like Disc2App does. I'm currently dumping XCX to my SD as I'm typing this (it's nearly done).

By the way, DDD works fine on digital eshop downloads

Ah, but does it dump to SD? From what I recall, it dumps to PC, not SD.

havefeith

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're in luck then, because this is the exact case with DDD! :D

... I think you're missing the point. I want something that goes directly to SD. I don't want to bother with my PC unless I absolutely have to. My PC is so full of garbage that I can't get rid of, despite using Search and Destroy. (It always comes back, so just trying to surf the internet is a real bitch. I always get redirects, and pop-ups, despite having ad-block plus/edge, whichever it is.)

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... I think you're missing the point. I want something that goes directly to SD. I don't want to bother with my PC unless I absolutely have to. My PC is so full of garbage that I can't get rid of, despite using Search and Destroy. (It always comes back, so just trying to surf the internet is a real bitch. I always get redirects, and pop-ups, despite having ad-block plus/edge, whichever it is.)
You need to probably reinstall windows. Spyboy by itself will not clean your system. I use over 10 different anti spyware scanners to perform a tune up and even then I have to go through the registry and startup to manually clean it up. If you don't know how to do this then just reinstall Windows

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Spybot is pretty crappy these days, try Malwarebytes Anti-Malware along with a good AV and maybe SUperAntiSpyware and run scans with all of them one at a time.

havefeith

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
  • @The Real Jdbye, didn't MalwareBytes switch to premium services only? Or did they switch back? I only have a limited amount of money each month (in Canadian, because I am one), so paying 39$ or whatever will have to wait until next month.
  • @Kafluke, I'm not sure that's possible. The disc I had for Windows 8 probably wasn't legit (I was given it by my dad, who gave me it on a burned disc and a thumbdrive with "AutoKMS.exe" on it, and told me to install the damn thing. Still pops up every once in a while). I also never got around to creating system backups, either, which was stupid of me...

Also, I've got a problem now... I can't redownload "Yoshi Touch and go", which was what I used to put haxchi on my wii, and I'm having issues even loading the app because I tried reinstalling it to the aforementioned game, thinking it wasn't working properly. The damn thing kept causing my screens to go black but still have sound playing when I first installed it.

Anyways, the reason I can't reinstall Yoshi is because there was an update put out, and I haven't updated to be able to access the e-Store.

Sorry about the rambling. I unfortunately have ADHD (properly diagnosed) so I have a tendency to do stuff like that around this time of day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm