Hacking (question) Is it worth it to update to otpless a9lh?

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering if its worth updating. Is it more stable? Faster? Or just exactly the same that doesn't need your otp to boot.

Hell yes for me x2!! It took 10 mins to set up A9LH, since I you don't need to downgrade to 2.1 firm.

The very small % of bricks are a combo of mistakes, sd card failure, and some bad luck which has caused this massive witch hunt for no reason imo.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What? It doesn't matter what you used to setup a9lh, it's all the same. OTP-less just takes out needing the otp because it's faster and safer.

Reactions: el_gonz87

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The latest version of A9LH can load CFW from CTRNAND instead of SD if you're interrested in that.
Otherwise, there's no really need to update if you don't need that feature.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest version of A9LH can load CFW from CTRNAND instead of SD if you're interrested in that.
Otherwise, there's no really need to update if you don't need that feature.
That has nothing to do with the question that they asked. Also, no cfw has a stable release which works with sdless a9lh, so normal people should not be using it.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That has nothing to do with the question that they asked. Also, no cfw has a stable release which works with sdless a9lh, so normal people should not be using it.

My bad, didn't see "otpless" in the title. I thought he asked if it's worth it to update A9LH from old versions.

But Luma is able to boot from CTRNAND. And you could also load other payloads such as Decrypt9, it can still be useful for "normal people".

Last edited by GBHAKC75,

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My bad, didn't see "otpless" in the title. I thought he asked if it's worth it to update A9LH from old versions.

But Luma is able to boot from CTRNAND. And you could also load other payloads such as Decrypt9, it can still be useful for "normal people".
The "normal people" of this site should never use a nightly build of luma. sdless requires a nightly in order to make use of the sdless feature. Everything else obviously works normally however.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think the latest luma nightly is able to do that, there was a user who tried it in this thread and reported it worked: https://gbatemp.net/threads/a9lh-can-now-boot-without-sd-card.432593/

But agreed, it's nothing to do with OTPLess, and it's not a stable release just yet.
Thats what I meant by nothing stable '_>'

Reactions: el_gonz87

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
one uses otp, the other doesnt.

Yeah. But is there any other difference?

One just installs a9lh without dumping OTP and doesn't need to downgrade to 2.1

I know, but what I meant was: is there any visible difference other than that, what are the pros and cons?

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. But is there any other difference?

I know, but what I meant was: is there any visible difference other than that, what are the pros and cons?
They make no difference in how you use it. The pro of otpless is no 2.1 downgrade.

K, but will both stay supported?
Both end up with the same thing. A9LH. Their is no difference.

Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)