Gaming Question: Is it useless to buy a Xbox one

Bernhard

Psycho
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to play Halo, Xbox is the way to go. IMHO since I'm a fan of Halo, though I haven't played their latest title only up to Halo 3. :rofl2:

omfg Halo this game made me cry .. xD cause i vent known the mapps in the 3th game .... .... my friend knew them all... i got trigged and that was all with fucking halo

Reactions: ov3rkill

PROTOBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't mind, I used to like to play games on PC but I prefer console.

just prop the disc or install the game and that's it.. No need to worry about settings or whatsoever..

I still have my 360 and it's rocking like always..

To choose a console is better Xbox One X than PS4 Pro, but if you don't mind spending money buy PC.

I have 2 friends that have PS4 and Xbox One against the others that plays on PC and don't like consoles, some games even being the same, looks better on Xbox One than PS4, I just wondering how huge will be the difference to compare between Xbox One X games and PS4 Pro games.

DaBlackDeath

.::[ lone wolf ]::.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I love my XBOX One. I've had a gaming pc too but this one is collecting dust. Not touched over a year. I cannot say why but playing on my 65" TV is better than on my gaming PC with smaller screen, plus no hassle with driver updates and compatibility issues.
But that's just my feeling about XBOX gaming. Each one must find out whats the best and then use it.

D

Deleted User

I love my XBOX One. I've had a gaming pc too but this one is collecting dust. Not touched over a year. I cannot say why but playing on my 65" TV is better than on my gaming PC with smaller screen, plus no hassle with driver updates and compatibility issues.
But that's just my feeling about XBOX gaming. Each one must find out whats the best and then use it.
You do know a hd tv has a hdmi output right? Your pc should also have one aswell.You can display just about any pc on a hd tv.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have to say "Useless" just say if is a good idea or not. I mean I did want a xbox at one point, killer instinct but i have windows 10 so now I don't need one. Is probably the only game i cared to play on it. (no offense) so That was just me.

Now i'm not other people so i dunno, I own consoles cause i like them and the games they offer. I like pc games when I can use a controller with them, but yeah just get what you feel like you need. :)

Get a PC with xbox 360 controller (or xbox one if it works) Spend subscription on playstation now to stream ps4/ps3 games for the console exclusives, get a switch for more exclusives (and online is cheapest of all console systems) and a wii u if you can, though emulation is shaping up, demands a supercomputer to get some good results. Don't worry, if you are happy you doing fine. :P

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think its worthless to buy an xbox one right now since Xbox One X is coming around the corner. You gotta remember the system does more than just play xbox one games, it also plays xbox 360 and original xbox (eventually or did they add it in yet?). Also its the only system on the market that actually plays 4k bluray which makes it a great bluray player as well.

Other than that? Nah...

DaBlackDeath

.::[ lone wolf ]::.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You do know a hd tv has a hdmi output right? Your pc should also have one aswell.You can display just about any pc on a hd tv.
No, my TV has only HDMI Input :P
My PC has no HDMI output and for the price of a nice graphic card I can buy 2 XO. Well, even with a better graphic card I would prefer my XO ^_^

D

Deleted User

No, my TV has only HDMI Input :P
My PC has no HDMI output and for the price of a nice graphic card I can buy 2 XO. Well, even with a better graphic card I would prefer my XO ^_^
I got my input and outputs confused,Point is you can use your pc on your tv,don't believe me? Try it yourself.Idk why you tried using that as a reason why you play on Xbox more,you could of brought up a better reason such as halo or external assets,you know,somthing that hasn't already been debunked.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think its worthless to buy an xbox one right now since Xbox One X is coming around the corner. You gotta remember the system does more than just play xbox one games, it also plays xbox 360 and original xbox (eventually or did they add it in yet?). Also its the only system on the market that actually plays 4k bluray which makes it a great bluray player as well.

Other than that? Nah...
The 360 point is fair.I still have mine though with a ton of 3rd party and exclusives from last generation.

Last edited by ,
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
I think the Xbox One falls into a niche. Unless you want it for Halo 5 (the worst Halo yet, imo) and the one or two other exclusives that aren't already on PC, it's only really good as a media box. Xbox One X might change my mind, since it's quite powerful for its asking price, but even then I'd probably still recommend investing in a PC. My current game system pecking order is: PC > PS4 > Switch > Xbox One. I love my Switch, but PS4 > Switch currently because PS4 is cheaper and has a very solid game library. I'll say Switch > PS4 once Switch's library gets better.

Reactions: Deleted User

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i guessed it ^^
fuck microsoft i want to play sunsetoverdrive xD maaaan ..
The xbone is pretty good as it has in my opinion the best controller plus you can run homebrew and emulators on the big screen plus if you get the s or wait for the X you. Can watch 4k Blu-ray and 4k graphics plus you can plug in your TV box if you have one and use cortana to change chanells if you get a kinnect or plug in a headset to your controller.
I have all 3 consoles thanks to my deal hunting (manged to pick up a new ps4 slim with 2 controllers, overwatch and the crash bandicoot insane trilogy for £180, less than a new 3ds xl) and the xbone is still my favourite console.

Last edited by tunip3,
D

Deleted User

Yes if all you plan is play emulators or just watch movies, or for single game.
No if you're going to buy it to atleast play 3 games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.