Hardware [QUESTION] Is it possible to extract save data from a cart killed by powersave?

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Hi everyone, sorry if this is the wrong thread but wasn't sure were to post it, I tried to extract the save with JKSM but it says "Error opening achieve" or something along the lines, although I was able to extract the ExtData from it, when trying to boot the game on my 3DS it says "Game cannot be used" although is there a work around with this?

Thanks for your time!~

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i always wanted to know what it was datel actually did to the cart, maybe try dumping the rom via uncart/GW as pokemon is card2 the save is embedded in the rom data then you would have to dump the header too and see if you can reconstruct a rom with your header and save embedded

PS im making the bold assumption its pokemon as thats the only carts i ever heard being killed by powersaves

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
i always wanted to know what it was datel actually did to the cart, maybe try dumping the rom via uncart/GW as pokemon is card2 the save is embedded in the rom data then you would have to dump the header too and see if you can reconstruct a rom with your header and save embedded

PS im making the bold assumption its pokemon as thats the only carts i ever heard being killed by powersaves

I will try via uncart, how would I go about dumping the header? Oo - the carts are my original Pokemon XY games which I bought in 2013 which then in 2014 I bought a powersave and went a bit code crazy as I didn't take precautions at the time, although now I just use save editors like JKSM, ill have a go, though :)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
idk about with uncart, but i know the GW cart dumper dumps the game + unique header which is vital for decryption (at least on games that require 2.x +

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
idk about with uncart, but i know the GW cart dumper dumps the game + unique header which is vital for decryption (at least on games that require 2.x +

Hmm, if that is so, is there a way to run GW cart dumper to test this along side Luma3DS 11.x SysNAND? I have no emuNANDs on any of my 3DS's, although for this purpose I would find it ideal to make one for 9.2 for this purpose :)~

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, if that is so, is there a way to run GW cart dumper to test this along side Luma3DS 11.x SysNAND? I have no emuNANDs on any of my 3DS's, although for this purpose I would find it ideal to make one for 9.2 for this purpose :)~

You just have to run the GW arm9loaderhax.bin

You need to be running a screen init version of arm9loaderhax or use bootctr9 (I think that is the right one) to chain load it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end