Misc Question, If the Serial Number is exposed.

If the Serial Number of the New Nintendo 3DS is exposed online, can it be Hacked by other people who

• YES

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • NO

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • It's not Possible

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • It's Possible

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
They can't hack into your system with just the serial number. But I could change my serial number to the exposed one, dick around, get banned, and it would ban your 3DS instead (and maybe a throwaway NNID)

Reactions: GilgameshArcher

Skimac2016

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somone saying YES, is scaring me. I don't want my 3DS to be hacked because it worries me that my games will be deleted and... slow download= I'm blaming that on the WiFi Router Connection.

Magical Sheep

The Super Stylish Cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somone saying YES, is scaring me. I don't want my 3DS to be hacked because it worries me that my games will be deleted and... slow download= I'm blaming that on the WiFi Router Connection.
Your games will be ok. There's no way for someone to hack into a 3DS without physically having it with them. The only thing that could actually happen to it is what Crystal the Glaceon said above.
The system has a max speed of something like 1.5MB/s I think, so it's going to download slowly no matter what. I don't think you should be overly worried about it.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No one can hack directly into your system. 3DSs can't be hacked into like PC's.

0x40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have the 3DS connected to the Internet, it can be hacked. That's true for pretty much everything that can be connected to the Internet. Unless you're storing schematics for a time machine or something on there, and told everyone about that, then the fact that it someone *CAN* hack it doesn't really matter, because of the fact that nobody *WILL* hack it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: okies :D put 'em here :O