Hacking [QUESTION] How useful would a Launcher Launcher.dat be?

Would you use Launcherception?

• Total voters

V3NUS_M1NER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the potentially confusing title!

I am currently learning C, and would like to know how useful a Launcher.dat that could launch other Launcher.dats (obviously not named the same) be for everyone?

If so, here's some things I have planned out:

- MSETT support
- NINJHAX support
- Possible CIA
- Nice Launcher selection menu (Won't be a solid colour)
- ???

Let me know what you think!

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I was just talking about this with someone the other day, i would REALLY love this, a small UI with DPad-Selection on all .dat-files on root would totally do the trick.

Reactions: Margen67

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, I think it probably won't be long until launcher.dat as a whole are sorta a thing of the past. I certainly wouldn't mind having a tool for this out there (the more the better really) but I think the number of users that will use this over the next few months is probably going to start shrinking more and more, as more things are ported over to .cia and/or .3dsx with things like pasta cfw, ninjhax, and potentially rxtools being able to make use of these formats, the launcher.dat format will probably mostly be used for people trying to initially set up their exploits, and that's about it.

Jackall4BDN

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
To be honest, I think it probably won't be long until launcher.dat as a whole are sorta a thing of the past. I certainly wouldn't mind having a tool for this out there (the more the better really) but I think the number of users that will use this over the next few months is probably going to start shrinking more and more, as more things are ported over to .cia and/or .3dsx with things like pasta cfw, ninjhax, and potentially rxtools being able to make use of these formats, the launcher.dat format will probably mostly be used for people trying to initially set up their exploits, and that's about it.

Well... your average rxTool or Gateway-Launcher won't be in CIA or 3DSX for a long time due to the way they work, cfw here ninjhax there, those tools are still only working whenever a fairly high vuln is triggered so the best you could hope for are working CIAs of it once you ARE in Gatewaymode and even that not with the current features of it.
Besides, if you got 2 or 3 different NAND-Partitions for cfw, rx and GW probably, there's no easy way of switching between them and profiting from the features of said other launcher, with this tool it would be going into options, leaving them, and reloading your exploit, which -to me at least- became second nature.

Jackall4BDN

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Btw, it would be cool if there was a menu where you could select like Gateway mode or r4i gold deluxe menu or something like that.

Yeah... that's pretty much the whole point behind this thread, letting you choose BETWEEN multiple Launchers on starting your exploit... so, yeah, you're right? Whateveriduneven...

Kawaii

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It will be useful ATM as no current CFWs is perfect yet. lotsa plus and minus in between CFWs, hence the ability to choose would be definitely useful.

definitely will be obsolete once we have the perfect CFW soon™

polki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you were able to make the loader properly to launch into whichever cfw(or whatever) you want with a simple list selection it would be very popular, even if it was for a short time like some people are saying. I just think it would be VERY hard to achieve the simplicity. If you can then awesome, do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: