Gaming (question) How to share one steam account with family member on 2 seperate computers

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
I want to share my steam account with my sister because personal reasons and we downloaded anarchy arcade on both computers because we were in love with the game when we first saw it... when I tried to boot it, it gave me a warning that booting it would delete the saves on the other computer2 (windowsXP) apon booting on computer1(Windows8.1) and I want to know how I can use my solo profile for both of us to play anarchy arcade without deleting our saves whenever either of us boot up the game...

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
The best way to share your games with your sister would be to get your sister to create her own steam account then use Steams family sharing to share your library with her account (which does require logging in on her PC at one point). You won't be able to play the games at the same time, but you do get your own separate saves because they're saved under two separate accounts. Also your account must be online at the same time for her to access your library.

Last edited by Originality,

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Family sharing is the best option. Please don't play the same game with your sister, though. If you play a game like L4D2 or CSGO at the same time as your sis, you will be banned because Steam considers this "boosting"

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems you can play games on the same time (havnt tested online play)
I family share with my cousin, and we tried playing indie games at the same time which I only had on my account and they played fine

Some games have extra drm attached like gtav and will request a rockstar social game key if you try to family share it

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems you can play games on the same time (havnt tested online play)
I family share with my cousin, and we tried playing indie games at the same time which I only had on my account and they played fine

Some games have extra drm attached like gtav and will request a rockstar social game key if you try to family share it
It's usually only the games that are VAC supported. They assume you're cheating almost right away

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
It's usually only the games that are VAC supported. They assume you're cheating almost right away
how about a game like anarchy arcade? we both love the game and she fell in love with the dr.who props... will I get banned if she plays this at the same time as me??

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how about a game like anarchy arcade? we both love the game and she fell in love with the dr.who props... will I get banned if she plays this at the same time as me??
I think you can play that one with her. I just wouldn't do multiplayer while the two of you are playing. If you really want to be safe, have one of you disconnect from your wifi once your game has booted, if you're okay with single player. I think it's safe to try :)

Reactions: DarkRioru

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup