Hacking [Question] How can I update Sysnand to 9.0.0 ?

DominikK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello guys,

Im trying to find a way to pokegen on oras. My 3ds is on fw 7.1.0-15E. Im a noob in 3ds hacking so I dont know much about it. I messed a little with rxtools and managed to set emunand up and tried to install FBI in order to use savedatafiler but I keep getting an error so I would like to know if there is a simpler method like just updating my firmware to one between 9.0.0 and 9.5.0 where pokegenning through the 3ds web browser is possible since all I want is that. I dont need all the other features 3ds hacking brings. So I would like to ask, is there a way to update sysnand to a firmware between the two I mentioned without buying anything ? If not can someone recommend a game that updates my firmware to one between the mentioned ? I could maybe borrow one game just to update my firmware. Or maybe there is a way to get a rom of a game that will update my firmware, I dont know. Any help appreciated and thanks in advance.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
a game is the safest way to go about it although you wouldn't have an updated internet browser

this next method doesn't require you to buy anything but there is an element of risk so make sure you have a NAND backup (you can make one from the gateway menu even without the gateway cart) and be prepared to have your 3DS hardmodded in case anything goes wrong

what you wanna do is use 3DNUS to download all the 9.0 CIA files for your region then install them onto sysnand with sysupdater

rxTools boots emunand tho so you need to set up some kind of CFW to run unsigned code in sysnand

Cavioe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a game is the safest way to go about it although you wouldn't have an updated internet browser

this next method doesn't require you to buy anything but there is an element of risk so make sure you have a NAND backup (you can make one from the gateway menu even without the gateway cart) and be prepared to have your 3DS hardmodded in case anything goes wrong

what you wanna do is use 3DNUS to download all the 9.0 CIA files for your region then install them onto sysnand with sysupdater

rxTools boots emunand tho so you need to set up some kind of CFW to run unsigned code in sysnand

When recommending sysupdater please do beginners a favor and mention key important points to AVOID bricks

1) Do NOT use sysupdater .4b - repeat do NOT use .4b. Instead use the .3 version as it has been reported to work
2) Do NOT use rxmode or gateway mode. Read that again. Instead use PastaCFW. You can also use rx dev mode but its easier with PastaCFW to setup.
3) Make sure you download the correct REGION for your 3DS firmware with 3DNUS

Keep that in mind before rushing to update your sysnand. While you always will have a chance of a brick, using those key points will guide you in getting a updated 3DS to the version you want.

Check for a tutorial by VerseHell as it has the steps needed to update sysnand.

Reactions: DominikK

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Game updates don't update the browser, so it won't work, you need to use sysudpdater in rxTools 3.0a or b devmode (and devmode only).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.