super.bean

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi GBATemp,

I just followed the 3DS guide for installing A9HL+Luma.
There is a part where I inject FBI to Health & Safety App through
GodMode9, the problem is, I can't seem to restore the Health & Safety App
to its original icon and description (that pop-up when you hover through an app)

I did a System Format to get the H&S back to normal, but when I inject FBI again
and restore H&S, it still retains the icon and info.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to remove the health and safety app altogether? Its the most useless app on my 3DS, needlessly taking up space.

super.bean

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
But is it safe to do that? I'm concerned that removing the Health and Safety app could cause a brick.

I just removed mine and I'm fine, you can reinstall it again through FBI -> Tickets.
I don't think it will cause a brick though. (H&S only, I haven't tried uninstalling the other
system apps [some might be dangerous])

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive have this same problem; it means your unit was downgraded ages ago using the old gateway.dat method, and now it has two .app files. I resolved to just keep it as backup if I ever lose my normal one somehow, though I'm sure that is next to impossible with b9s and proper backups.
Seems a bit extreme to uninstall then reinstall h&s app. All you need to de is clear the icon cache (delete 1 file from SD)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...-for-universal-inject-generator-users.427993/
That only works if you're able to restore H&S. I think it is still launching FBI for OP?
EDIT:Nm jak66 is right...I misread

Last edited by kehkou,

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it did work deleting the health and safety app, but in doing so, removed my access to the eshop and the ability to update software from the menu (Though updating from the freeshop would still work), so I decided to reinstall it and now both of those things work properly again.

Reactions: zeldaism

super.bean

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Seems a bit extreme to uninstall then reinstall h&s app. All you need to de is clear the icon cache (delete 1 file from SD)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...-for-universal-inject-generator-users.427993/

OH SHT THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR! THANKS!

Ive have this same problem; it means your unit was downgraded ages ago using the old gateway.dat method, and now it has two .app files. I resolved to just keep it as backup if I ever lose my normal one somehow, though I'm sure that is next to impossible with b9s and proper backups.

That only works if you're able to restore H&S. I think it is still launching FBI for OP?
EDIT:Nm jak66 is right...I misread

I thought this was a common problem for the Small N3DS, I never had this problem for my N3DS XL.
Though, I'm not the first owner of this unit. I can't really say if this was downgraded or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, ohkay